Sign in to follow this  
Iceman

69 Gauge Cluster Help Please!!

Checked all the fuses in the box... everything is fine there. I removed the cluster and checked the back. Everything looks ok on the circuit panel. I don't think it's the low voltage regulator cause the alternator gauge would be out but it's still working.

He's talking about the small metal regulator on the back on the instrument cluster, The connection looks a lot like a 9 volt battery. Regulates the power down to 5 volts for the cluster. You can also tap the connection real quick with a 9 volt to test the gauges.

Think I found the problem... tested the regulator on the back of the cluster and it came out fine, but I found some bad grounds that look like they're causing the problem. looks like the previous owner did a major hack job on the electrical... once I do some damage control tomorrow I'll let you know how it turns out but it should work.

Im sure you already checked this but just in case, maybe the harness came loose? That happened to me one night while I was driving. All of a sudden the gauges went dead but the lights were still on. Turns out the bottom half of the plug harness slipped out due to the stiffer springs I had just installed.