Sign in to follow this  
Sidthing

Cool Engines for 69/ 70's

Alright folks, maybe there are some dreamers out there like me. My dad pretty much refuses to dream about engines he can't afford. What are engines you'd like to see in 69/ 70 mustangs? Please no non-Ford engines.

Personally I'd love to get a set of the Jon Kasse Boss Nine heads to slip down in my 69 Mach.

I've spoken to Kaase about a 521ci all aluminum BB with either Boss 9 / Hemi heads or their P51 heads. Low end numbers are around 680hp. All I need is $35k....

A de-tuned version of this...

http://www.jonkaaseracingengines.com/component/content/article/39-news/195-kaase-mustang.html

A close second would be the Roush FE series. I like the 511IRFE... A 402IR would be nice in a vert....

http://www.roushperformance.com/engines/engines.shtml

Edited by coz

My "I could never ask for more" motor is a late model roller block 302, rebuilt with a slight bore job, say .030 over, a mild cam, upgraded ignition system, and a 4bbl on top, and a nice blue paint job...

Hey, I'm easy to please ;)....

If I won the lotto I'd want a 427 SOHC engine...

I suppose if I was dreaming (as in "ZZzzz") I'd like a 460 stroked to 550 or so, dual 4bbl's would look awesome, but I think MPFI would be in order, with some custom made DOHC heads so it could breath, and hell, why not toss a pair of decently sized turbos on there.

If it's not going to be an FE it might as well be a mopar they're a better engine and just about as original. other than a Boss of course but without the real boss engine who cares.

There are lots of great FE's you can buy or build , from there it's just a matter of how much you want to spend.