Sign in to follow this  
sideways69

Where to get door hinge piece?

I was getting ready to put my doors on the mustang the other day and found that the plate that the bolts actually thread into was all rusted. It was only surface rust but the threads were all rusted up. I don't know what this piece is called but it has three threaded holes for the door hinge to bolt to.

I've been looking for some new ones to buy but have not been able to find any online. Anyone know where I can get four new ones?

The only place I know of to find them is in cars in the bone yard. They are simple enough you could make your own. Cut sheet steel to size, drill and tap holes. I don't recall how wide the pocket is that this slides into but you might be able to weld a nut to the plate. Good luck.

I also second blasting your plate and running a tap through the threads. These plates weren't painted and they all get ugly. I don't know if they're available as reproduction but for a hidden piece I'd save the money and make my own.

Edited by 69RestoRod