Sign in to follow this  
Black Jade

Speaker Placement Issue

I have installed a Retrosound Model 1b radio (BTW its great) in the Fastback and have a trap door with 6 x 9's in the back (Someone else cut the holes). I have kick panels from NPD that take 4 x 6's. Has anyone used these in their car, and what brand speaker did you use?

Thanks, ED

I am using the kick panel pods with Infinity Kappa Reference Component speakers I can upload a picture later of them. I like the way they look except I wish the pods were a little bigger so I could of recessed my tweeter into them instead of having it stick way out. Other than that its great sound quality and they look pretty good.

I am using the kick panel pods with Infinity Kappa Reference Component speakers I can upload a picture later of them. I like the way they look except I wish the pods were a little bigger so I could of recessed my tweeter into them instead of having it stick way out. Other than that its great sound quality and they look pretty good.

Sorry man its been a busy past couple days but here you go heres a pic of my speakers in the kick panels. If you can see what I'm talking about how I would of like to recessed the tweeter into the kick panel so it would flush instead of a big bulge sticking out but there just wasnt enough room and heres what I have setup for my rear speakers also.

Sorry man its been a busy past couple days but here you go heres a pic of my speakers in the kick panels. If you can see what I'm talking about how I would of like to recessed the tweeter into the kick panel so it would flush instead of a big bulge sticking out but there just wasnt enough room and heres what I have setup for my rear speakers also.

Stephen, where did you get the kickpanels and what size speakers did you use?

I got the pods from CJPonyParts.com and the speakers from SonicElectronix.com the speakers are 5 1/4" and then a 2" tweeter

Stephen, where did you get the kickpanels and what size speakers did you use?

I got the pods from CJPonyParts.com and the speakers from SonicElectronix.com the speakers are 5 1/4" and then a 2" tweeter

Did you use a crossover and are they amplified? How do they sound down there?

Yes I am using crossovers as they are components. They sounds great down there and they really have some bass to them given there size. They are not amplified yet just running off the Kenwood X696 HU. Which is about 100 watts per speaker and they still sound great!

Did you use a crossover and are they amplified? How do they sound down there?

Yes I am using crossovers as they are components. They sounds great down there and they really have some bass to them given there size. They are not amplified yet just running off the Kenwood X696 HU. Which is about 100 watts per speaker and they still sound great!

I have installed a Retrosound Model 1b radio (BTW its great) in the Fastback and have a trap door with 6 x 9's in the back (Someone else cut the holes). I have kick panels from NPD that take 4 x 6's. Has anyone used these in their car, and what brand speaker did you use?

Thanks, ED

I'm glad to hear that the Retrosound sounds great. Does it have enough power when you're at highway speed or are you running an amp?

Thanks, ED

I'm glad to hear that the Retrosound sounds great. Does it have enough power when you're at highway speed or are you running an amp?

Stephen, does the ebrake still work?

Just barely if I had a better camera you could see a mark on the top of the speaker were the pedal just barely hits it. If you bought a different speaker without the grill like mine you wouldn't have this problem.

Stephen, does the ebrake still work?

Just barely if I had a better camera you could see a mark on the top of the speaker were the pedal just barely hits it. If you bought a different speaker without the grill like mine you wouldn't have this problem.