Sign in to follow this  
PennStateStang

What is a good price for this car?

Hey folks,

I am trying to sell my 69 Coupe and don't know what to sell it for. I would like to sell it for $6,000 because thats what I owe on it. I've listed the details below and there are some pictures linked. The car runs a little rough and I no longer have the time/money to fix the problem. There is some discoloration on the vinyl, which I believe to be from rust poking through but I don't know. The car is rust free in the trunk, wheel wells, undercarriage, interior, and anywhere else but the one spot on the roof. Please give your input or if you need more description just ask. Thanks. :helpsmilie:

1969 Mustang 302

red with white vinyl hard top

custom pinstripe and rims

numbers match (engine, vin, doors)

302ci

Holley 600cfm 4v carb

Eidlebrock aluminum intak

Petronix Flamethrower II electric ignition (newer wires)

K&N air filter

Red Top 6-cell battery

Summit Racing headers

Summit Racing 2 1/2" dual exhaust system

LH Front gas slotted disc brake rotor

new brake calipers

braided steel brake lines to front brakes

new master cylinder

new gas tank and sending unit

new weather stripping around doors

interior was redone by previous owner, great shape

Not installed parts:

RH Front gas slotted disc brake (company sent the wrong part the first time)

Sway bar with new bolts

Rear drum-to-disc conversion kit

all the shop manuals

Pictures

different parts of the country have different prices but around my area (dallas) a car like yours usually sells for around 5k in that condition. In fact, I looked at one very similar to yours and it was 5k in ready to drive home condition. Only thing it lacked was a current inspection to be a daily driver. I was seriously considering buying it until I came across my S code coupe and it was love at first sight.

You might check ebay to see what coupes are selling for, just so you'll have a ball park figure. The rough running engine and possible rust under the vinyl are going to hurt your attempts to sell at that price.

<TABLE style="BORDER-BOTTOM-STYLE: none; BORDER-RIGHT-STYLE: none; BORDER-COLLAPSE: collapse; BORDER-TOP-STYLE: none; BORDER-LEFT-STYLE: none" class=zncenter1 border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0><TBODY><TR><TD vAlign=top><TABLE style="BORDER-BOTTOM-STYLE: none; BORDER-RIGHT-STYLE: none; BORDER-COLLAPSE: collapse; BORDER-TOP-STYLE: none; BORDER-LEFT-STYLE: none" border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0><TBODY><TR><TD><TABLE><TBODY><TR><TD style="PADDING-BOTTOM: 10px" id=ctl00_ctl18_tdHeader></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>Assuming its a auto, this is NADA rating and I would not take less than what you owe on the stang! I would think with all the upgrades it would be at least at 9,500.00 That's my opinion!

1969 Mustang Hard Top

</TD></TR><TR><TD><TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0><TBODY><TR><TD style="WIDTH: 180px" id=ctl00_ctl19_tdImage rowSpan=2>cc-muscle-car.jpg</TD><TD style="WIDTH: 300px" vAlign=top align=right>October 12, 2009

</TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=bottom align=right><TABLE style="BORDER-BOTTOM-STYLE: none; BORDER-RIGHT-STYLE: none; BORDER-COLLAPSE: collapse; BORDER-TOP-STYLE: none; BORDER-LEFT-STYLE: none" border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0><TBODY><TR><TD vAlign=top><TABLE style="BORDER-BOTTOM-STYLE: none; BORDER-RIGHT-STYLE: none; BORDER-COLLAPSE: collapse; BORDER-TOP-STYLE: none; BORDER-LEFT-STYLE: none" border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=leftmargin>print_icon.gifprint this page</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD><TD vAlign=top><TABLE style="BORDER-BOTTOM-STYLE: none; BORDER-RIGHT-STYLE: none; BORDER-COLLAPSE: collapse; BORDER-TOP-STYLE: none; BORDER-LEFT-STYLE: none" border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=leftmargin>email_icon.gifemail a friend</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

</TD></TR><TR><TD><CENTER></CENTER></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR><TR><TD><TABLE style="BORDER-RIGHT-WIDTH: 0px; WIDTH: 102%; BORDER-COLLAPSE: collapse; BORDER-TOP-WIDTH: 0px; BORDER-BOTTOM-WIDTH: 0px; BORDER-LEFT-WIDTH: 0px" id=ctl00_ctl20_Table1 border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0><TBODY><TR><TD id=ctl00_ctl20_tdPageDesc class=tripleBarBG><TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 bgColor=white><TBODY><TR><TD id=ctl00_ctl20_pagedescription bgColor=white>PRICING

</TD><TD></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

</TD></TR><TR><TD>Original MSRP: $2,740 <TABLE style="WIDTH: 100%; BORDER-COLLAPSE: collapse" id=ctl00_ctl21_tblSummary border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=4><TBODY><TR class=summaryData2><TD></TD><TD style="FONT-WEIGHT: bold" align=right>Low Retail</TD><TD style="FONT-WEIGHT: bold" align=right>Average Retail Value</TD><TD style="FONT-WEIGHT: bold" align=right>High Retail</TD></TR><TR><TD class=tableHeader2>Base Price</TD><TD align=right>$4,925</TD><TD align=right>$8,100</TD><TD align=right>$13,050</TD></TR><TR class=summaryFooter2><TD style="WHITE-SPACE: nowrap">TOTAL PRICE</TD><TD class=summaryFooter2 align=right>$4,925</TD><TD class=summaryFooter2 align=right>$8,100</TD><TD class=summaryFooter2 align=right>$13,050</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Edited by d.reese

Honestly? It was all I could do to sell my '69 351W Grande for $5,000 6 months ago in the spring (and I had over $7,500 in that thing)...and fall/winter is a harder time to sell. I would guess the car is worth around $4,000. Not good times for getting any return on the $$$ put into old cars, unfortunately.

I fixed the rough running problem, well, the local mechanic did. I was walking in my neighborhood and noticed this auto mechanics shop with a 1970 Fastback GT all nice and pretty. I talked to the guy and for $50 he re-tuned my carb, trimmed the idle, adjusted and cleaned my distributor, and set the timing. Plus he pointed out a few things that would help me sell the car quicker and things that need to be done on the car just to make it a better ride. Wish I found him about two years ago...

Anyways, the car runs great. Starts right up and sounds like a car should. I'll keep updates coming.

Brian,

Sad... I have that in my coupe already and it is a basket case. A guy down the road was trying to get $5k for a 70 coupe with faded original paint, a/c didnt work, needed floors, torque boxes and quarter work... yes it was original but... Anyway, that's the dif between NY and CA. But, I am getting some nice manuals out of the deal! thanks a lot!

Chad