Sign in to follow this  
69RestoRod

69 Owner got burned by a joyrider

I'm sure some of you have seen this over in VMF but I decided to cross post it for those who had not. Mike had busted his ass getting this car together after his wife bought him it to replace the one he sold years before to buy a house. Some kid stole it right after he got home from work and actually ran him over as he tried to stop him before crashing into a neighbor's house and block fence. Check out the story and if you think you may be able to help out please do what you can. He's not someone looking for a hand out, he's a Mustang owner that poured his heart into his car to have someone screw it all up in a few seconds. I've got some new springs I never used that have his name on em and I'm sure I'm not the only one who's been shuffling parts around wondering if I have to buy another 69 just to use them.

Contact info is in the VMF post. Check it out

http://forums.vintage-mustang.com/showtopic.php?tid/1515026/tp/1/

Edited by 69RestoRod

Ouch, that sucks boy. I have to believe as a collective 69 unit that we could come up with a bunch of stuff for them. I'll have to nose around in my attic, maybe I have a few vert parts that can transition over.

I just wanted to say thanks to those who have sent me PM's with part offers, I have relayed your lists to the unfortunate victims and will advise you if they can make use of anything.

Well this hemmings article did have some extra info on it not posted on the VMF at least.

My wife has called me a fool for keeping my registration and insurance ongoing for the last 5 years I have been restoring my car since the accident, not anymore after I showed her this. The registration is like $12.50 a year and the insurance is $120, well worth the $600 I've spent for the piece of mind should I be so unlucky.

hey pakrat, maybe you can merge the first and forth posting of this thread with the "vmf-thread" and drop the obsolete postings.

Edited by Pakrat
Two threads merged together for one great taste....Pak

Upseting to watch a beautiful car destroyed by a mindless piece of sh#t. Fully agree with flight96. This has opened my eyes and I will be getting insurance quotes even tough I have just started on my resto. Engine alone is worth protecting.

jonny