Sign in to follow this  
Pakrat

Camaro vs. Challenger vs. Mustang

I just went through this myself, I have a bunch of old cars and dicided it was time to buy a car we could actually drive on a long trip.

I'm not big on the Camaro, so it was between the Challenger SRT/8 and the GT500. I have a '70 Challenger R/T SE and I'm restoring a '69 Mach 1 so either one would be kind of neat . the GT500 was hands down the better performer, I would say the looks are a toss up and the fact I expect Ford to be around and Chrysler to fold made a difference.

Now days you can get a deal on a GT500 so I went with a 4,000 mile '07, less money than a new SRT/8 Challenger. I'm a long time Mopar guy so it was a tough choice, but I'm happy with it.

The story I got from my bow tie friend was that the young kid behind him was at fault for not stopping and the Camaro did nothing wrong. Looks like a pretty residential area for anyone to be traveling fast enough to do that damage though.

Looks like it sucks to be that kid. His insurance probably dropped him for causing them to replace the new camaro.

On the OP, I don't hate any of them. I read the reviews and was not surprised. I kinda think that ford has been conservative on their engine development which is why the lower engine performance. I mean the big three have been having issues for several years now and of the three they're in the better shape though still hurting. Maybe a direct relation to the money spent in R&D. It'd just be nice if the mustangs had a hotter engine performance wise than they have.

the Camaro did nothing wrong.

IMPOSSIBLE.

1) Buy new Camaro.

2) Put "Graves" sticker on it.

3) Bury car.

At least two of those actions were wrong.

You have a point about young drivers though-apparently they don't realize that a car 'that goes that fast' also has to stop, as well.

RacerX-I don't have a problem with the SBF. I just don't see why they threw it in against the BB Chevy and Dodge. Maybe the Dodge is 'only' pushing 5.7L-but that seriously dwarfs the ovals 4.9. If they had used anything with Ford's 5.4 in it, I think we would have had different results.

Edited by Truck

RacerX-I don't have a problem with the SBF. I just don't see why they threw it in against the BB Chevy and Dodge. Maybe the Dodge is 'only' pushing 5.7L-but that seriously dwarfs the ovals 4.9. If they had used anything with Ford's 5.4 in it, I think we would have had different results.

You're right, I didn't think of that.

On a side note, my son called yesterday afternoon from Kuwait and was asking about the newer mustangs. He's wanting to buy a new car when he returns this summer. Previously he had been considering other cars but is now thinking of an 09 or 10 mustang and wants me to check them out with him when he comes home.

Edited by RacerX