Sign in to follow this  
opie_803

update on my 69 vert.

well, i have the motor and tranny in along with the sound/heat insulation and new carpet. there is also a pic of the new hood tach. i have also decided to go with the mach 1 black out scheme on the hood. i will show pics when i get it installed. also, the fiero seat covers should be in soon. mr.mike is doing the course grain and smooth grain to match the factory seats and is doing the 1in pleats to match.

100_2613.jpg

100_2615.jpg

100_2617.jpg

100_2619.jpg

100_2620.jpg

100_2621.jpg

100_2623.jpg

100_2630.jpg

100_2628.jpg

Are you sure you're not just stealing pics off my website? LOL j/k, lookin good man!!! I wish I had thought about asking Mr. Mike to narrow the pleats but if I can get a custom rear to match the front wider pleats I'll be happy with that too.

Looking good! Is that the silver bubble wrap insulation you can buy at Lowe's? I've got the standard "sound deadener mats" that all the Mustang parts houses sell, but I've also got a roll of that silver bubble wrap insulation. (I use it on my beer homebrewing equipment) Now I'm wondering if it might be a better way to go. Less weight and better coverage for sure. Or is something more high tech?

it is the bubble wrap from lowe's. i used a/c duct tape to seal it together and 3m headliner adhesive to get it to mold to the floor and hold in place. spray-in bed liner was used to seal the floor first, the spray can kind.

my only concern is the floor getting hot enough to make the little bubbles pop. i would hate for my car to sound like a popcorn maker for a while.

it is the bubble wrap from lowe's. i used a/c duct tape to seal it together and 3m headliner adhesive to get it to mold to the floor and hold in place. spray-in bed liner was used to seal the floor first, the spray can kind.

my only concern is the floor getting hot enough to make the little bubbles pop. i would hate for my car to sound like a popcorn maker for a while.

Should not be a problem. I ran the same stuff in my 69 in Az, and part of that time the top of the trunk, roof and hood were painted black. No popping insulation. Problem I ran into is the carpet wants to slide around on top of the foil. Noticed most around the driver's seat. I'd glue the carpet to the foil backing.