Sign in to follow this  
Boogerschnot

Back from Paint!!!

I drove 20miles in the rain with no windshield to get this beast home on Saturday!! It was great.. Cold and wet, but great.

The windshield guys showed up at the shop with what looked like a 68 windshield and told me that they would be back on monday..

So I took the car anyway.. The rain was stinging like hell at 45mph.. so.

I stopped at a buds house and got a full face motorcycle helmet and a jacket and took off. I took all back roads accross San Diego, no freeway. Stopped and got some gas.. Waved at a few people, got a few heads to turn, and some teenagers screaming at me from the side of the road, so I waved a little more straight out of where the window should have been.. It was fun.

It sure does.. HotWheels airbrushed in under the clear.. My boy loves it, he's 6.. and has like 120 of them.. so now dad drives one.

Thats her thinking face.. Its hard to tell whether or not she's mad sometimes.

The color is Metropolitan Gray (2009 Mazda Color), its nothing but metal flake, at least it seems that way. In different light it goes to a greenish blue to blue to gray.. Its great. You cant really see the details in the pictures, but in person it just pops.. The body lines stand out really well when the sun is out.

It sure does.. HotWheels airbrushed in under the clear.. My boy loves it, he's 6.. and has like 120 of them.. so now dad drives one.

That's neat, my oldest is 9, youngest is 4 and they have quite a few also.

Thats her thinking face.. Its hard to tell whether or not she's mad sometimes.

If you every get it figured out let me in on it, mine does the same and leaves me clueless at times.

bMan we would make a pair and they would call us dum and dumber. Heck i recently thought about throwing the lawn chair in the GTO project to go get the exhaust system installed.

Its only missing head / tail lights, interior, bumpers hood and all glass. Would be dumb, but that would be fun!

I think you have the begining of a sweet ride!

Edited by d.reese

Nice looking coupe! Fun story... We live a LOT more rural but my Uncle and I got pulled over once in his 68 Road Runner 383 with straight headers , all in primer with no glass, interior gutted to the floor boards, sitting on 5 gallon buckets and no registration insurance or plates. He asked what the hell we thought we were doing and we said we got thirsty from doing body work, got overexcited from firing it up and ran to the store (like 3/4 of a mile) for a couple Mountain Dews. He asked where we lived and we were like right there.... He was so pissed he just said get this thing off the road and I dont ever want to see it again.