Sign in to follow this  
69stang

Ford's NEW Model T

Not sure if everyone heard about this but its pretty crazy/exciting in my opinion.

The Model T is to be the new every person car. It will be a small car that will be efficient and best yet the asking price for a BRAND NEW one is going to be 7,000 dollars.

Why buy a car with 130k miles for 4k, when 7k will get you a brand new one?

I think this is absolutely genius. It doesn't give me the same kind of excitement that say a new Mustang would, but it excites me they are moving in a good direction.

The big 3 was in trouble stock wise etc, but with the bailout plan and ideas like this, I am hoping for them to make a come back.

modeltcontest_450.jpg

Not particularly a fan of the styling. Kinda looks like a el camino version of a scion to me haha.

I'm sure that computer generated model is nothing like the final product will be, not if they want to sell any anyway as it's butt ugly, but I think the idea is sound and I like that they tied it back to their own roots. Many a horse and buggy man scoffed at the first one. Someone like me who now drives up to 40,000 miles a year just to and from work can certainly benefit from a disposable car that's for sure, I highly doubt their target customer is those with fragile egos whose main concern is for styling in everything they drive and no one in the 20's would have thought how cool those cars would have looked in the 50's once modded. At half the price of a new baseline Civic which I may be forced to buy soon, if it gets around 36mpg I'd be happier in a ford for sure.

Pakrat. "Fragile ego in everything they drive." Estemed stanger, it has nothing to do with ego, just self respect. You didnt spend all that time, money and hard ass work to fix your convertible after the wreck because it gave you good mileage. You love the style and the joy of driving the car. Ok, there might be some ego there because it makes you look bitchin as well. LOL. Sounds like you drive twice as much or more than most of us going to work so i totally understand wanting a car that gives you very good mileage, but if you drove that "Model T" version, would you really be comfortable in the fake nose, beard and glasses during the commute?