Sign in to follow this  
SELLERSRODSHOP

anybody see this ??

I doubt it was truly "lost" I bet the value of the car prevented it from being picked up by the young family relations....nothing says, "Don't talk to me about it at the family reunion" like "Buy it now for $220K!"

I doubt it was truly "lost" I bet the value of the car prevented it from being picked up by the young family relations....nothing says, "Don't talk to me about it at the family reunion" like "Buy it now for $220K!"

It's pretty amazing all right, boy would I like to set that up with airbags, R&P and a screaming crate motor and take it rally racing!!!!!!!!!!!:scared:

The engine seems to have quite a bit of grime and wear for such low miles, I hope they took the proper steps before waking the old girl up and turning her over.

It's pretty amazing all right, boy would I like to set that up with airbags, R&P and a screaming crate motor and take it rally racing!!!!!!!!!!!:scared:

The engine seems to have quite a bit of grime and wear for such low miles, I hope they took the proper steps before waking the old girl up and turning her over.

At this stage in the game, I wouldn't think any 302 Boss would have less than 100K miles on it. I think if this was a lie, they'd have made it more plausible. Guy buys it new, hops it up, and kicks off after less than 200 miles? Gotta be true. I don't believe his old lady would have 'forgotten' about the car. I think she was just waiting until the right time. Good for her.

At this stage in the game, I wouldn't think any 302 Boss would have less than 100K miles on it. I think if this was a lie, they'd have made it more plausible. Guy buys it new, hops it up, and kicks off after less than 200 miles? Gotta be true. I don't believe his old lady would have 'forgotten' about the car. I think she was just waiting until the right time. Good for her.

Guess it didn't sell, I'm sure it will be relisted. This comment blows me away.

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR bgColor=#eeeeee><TD width="80%"><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=2 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD></TD><TD class=standardtitle vAlign=top align=left>Q: </TD><TD>This sounds like a real collector's car. So, why didn't any of the Car Magazines run a story on this great find???</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

</TD><TD class=help vAlign=top noWrap align=right width="20%">

</TD></TR><TR><TD width="80%"><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=2 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD vAlign=top noWrap align=left>A:

</TD><TD align=left width="100%">Offered it to two publishers. Sent photos and most of story. One was real enthusiastic and said it would probably be on cover then heard nothing from them...more

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Guess it didn't sell, I'm sure it will be relisted. This comment blows me away.

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR bgColor=#eeeeee><TD width="80%"><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=2 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD></TD><TD class=standardtitle vAlign=top align=left>Q: </TD><TD>This sounds like a real collector's car. So, why didn't any of the Car Magazines run a story on this great find???</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

</TD><TD class=help vAlign=top noWrap align=right width="20%">

</TD></TR><TR><TD width="80%"><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=2 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD vAlign=top noWrap align=left>A:

</TD><TD align=left width="100%">Offered it to two publishers. Sent photos and most of story. One was real enthusiastic and said it would probably be on cover then heard nothing from them...more

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

I am hopeful that there are still those amazing barn finds out there for many years to come.

Bill

There were about 3500 Bosses (302/429-both model years). The world is running short on Barn Finds. Look at the registries and see how many are registered, and start subtracting the ones that have been wrecked...and discount how many were faked. (Remember boys, Bosses didn't see production until April, 69!)

I am hopeful that there are still those amazing barn finds out there for many years to come.

Bill

There were about 3500 Bosses (302/429-both model years). The world is running short on Barn Finds. Look at the registries and see how many are registered, and start subtracting the ones that have been wrecked...and discount how many were faked. (Remember boys, Bosses didn't see production until April, 69!)

Guy buys it new, hops it up, and kicks off after less than 200 miles? Gotta be true. I don't believe his old lady would have 'forgotten' about the car. I think she was just waiting until the right time.

Not forgotten, but she may have just mentally blocked it out, because she didn't want to deal with it. They were probably young when he died, he was a car guy, the last thing she wants to deal with is his car stuff ... just let it sit ... and sit ... years go by .. I remember my grandmother left my grandfather's clothes hang in the closet for years before she finally got rid of them....sad stuff if that's the case. Upside is she gets a nice price for the Boss all these years later.

Guy buys it new, hops it up, and kicks off after less than 200 miles? Gotta be true. I don't believe his old lady would have 'forgotten' about the car. I think she was just waiting until the right time.

Not forgotten, but she may have just mentally blocked it out, because she didn't want to deal with it. They were probably young when he died, he was a car guy, the last thing she wants to deal with is his car stuff ... just let it sit ... and sit ... years go by .. I remember my grandmother left my grandfather's clothes hang in the closet for years before she finally got rid of them....sad stuff if that's the case. Upside is she gets a nice price for the Boss all these years later.