Sign in to follow this  
viper08

New Member needs VIN Info

Hello all:

I am a new member having just purchased a 1969 Mach I that needs restoration. The door tag is missing and would like to know how to get the tag info using the VIN? If this topic has been dealt with before I apologize. I search a little but did not find anything resent. The VIN is 9F02M107393 if this will help. Thanks in advance.

Frank

Hello all:

I am a new member having just purchased a 1969 Mach I that needs restoration. The door tag is missing and would like to know how to get the tag info using the VIN? If this topic has been dealt with before I apologize. I search a little but did not find anything resent. The VIN is 9F02M107393 if this will help. Thanks in advance.

Frank

hey dude, that is the closest vin# that I have seen to mine.

mine = [9T02L107334]

FYI = they start the #'s at 100,001, so mine is #7334 and yours is #7393, but they wern't all built in order due to different assembly lines. mine was built in jersey.

hey dude, that is the closest vin# that I have seen to mine.

mine = [9T02L107334]

FYI = they start the #'s at 100,001, so mine is #7334 and yours is #7393, but they wern't all built in order due to different assembly lines. mine was built in jersey.

I know the car is Blue and is a 4 speed car. It has a sun roof. Is there any possibility that this was a factory option? I am picking the car up tomorrow so I should be able to tell more once I get it home. Thanks all for the info provided so far.

I know the car is Blue and is a 4 speed car. It has a sun roof. Is there any possibility that this was a factory option? I am picking the car up tomorrow so I should be able to tell more once I get it home. Thanks all for the info provided so far.

you could have special ordered the conversion either from the factory or from the dealer but the car would most likely have been shipped to AO Smith or American Sunroof Company (ASC) for the conversion, it's also possible that ASC had some certified installers around the country where it could have been donw as well.

what kind of sunroof is it, first off? if it has a glass panel then it would not have been any kind of factory or dealer option at all. if it is a power sunroof with a metal panel the chances are better that it was factory or dealer optioned conversion.

if you have the power metal panel ytpe post some pics, as many as you can of the inside and outside and switch area and i can tell you if it was even feasible to begin with.

you could have special ordered the conversion either from the factory or from the dealer but the car would most likely have been shipped to AO Smith or American Sunroof Company (ASC) for the conversion, it's also possible that ASC had some certified installers around the country where it could have been donw as well.

what kind of sunroof is it, first off? if it has a glass panel then it would not have been any kind of factory or dealer option at all. if it is a power sunroof with a metal panel the chances are better that it was factory or dealer optioned conversion.

if you have the power metal panel ytpe post some pics, as many as you can of the inside and outside and switch area and i can tell you if it was even feasible to begin with.

Welcome to the site! You'll definitely want a marti report to know how it was optioned and Kevin can also provide you with a new door tag. The correct address is http://www.martiauto.com/ or if you don't want to spend any money on you can always refer to this thread and get a 999 report.

http://www.1969stang.com/mustang/forum/showthread.php?t=1019

I would check to make sure the hidden vin number on the inner fender matches the one on the dash as well. If the sunroof is some aftermarket 80's add on I would be sure that is what you want first as roof repair can be expensive and 99% guaranteed that an aftermarket one leaks somewhere and if it was a lousy hacked install than it probably has hidden rust as well. I would be a bit leary of buying a car that had this done unless it was a hell of a good buy.

Welcome to the site! You'll definitely want a marti report to know how it was optioned and Kevin can also provide you with a new door tag. The correct address is http://www.martiauto.com/ or if you don't want to spend any money on you can always refer to this thread and get a 999 report.

http://www.1969stang.com/mustang/forum/showthread.php?t=1019

I would check to make sure the hidden vin number on the inner fender matches the one on the dash as well. If the sunroof is some aftermarket 80's add on I would be sure that is what you want first as roof repair can be expensive and 99% guaranteed that an aftermarket one leaks somewhere and if it was a lousy hacked install than it probably has hidden rust as well. I would be a bit leary of buying a car that had this done unless it was a hell of a good buy.