Sign in to follow this  
Pakrat

Convertible owners check in here..........

Yea, I'll post this weekend! Heck do you remember when I broke the drives side at the screw under the header trim. I almost died, then to hear all of ya'll tell me they are like the holly grail to the verts. Well I looked every where, none found at the time . I have seen one set go thru ebay since then and they looked like Ravens. I just glued with Marine Tech, at a small price of gold the stuff is worth it! That is the stongest bonding shit I've ever seen. Just open the catylist and the can starts smoking. Looks like one of those sience lab deals in school.

Mine are not great, but nice enough that I should of been shot for breaking one!!!

Yea, I'll post this weekend! Heck do you remember when I broke the drives side at the screw under the header trim. I almost died, then to hear all of ya'll tell me they are like the holly grail to the verts. Well I looked every where, none found at the time . I have seen one set go thru ebay since then and they looked like Ravens. I just glued with Marine Tech, at a small price of gold the stuff is worth it! That is the stongest bonding shit I've ever seen. Just open the catylist and the can starts smoking. Looks like one of those sience lab deals in school.

Mine are not great, but nice enough that I should of been shot for breaking one!!!

LOL, OK thanks. For some reason I don't recall you breaking that at all and I am usually good at remembering those kinds of things.

LOL, OK thanks. For some reason I don't recall you breaking that at all and I am usually good at remembering those kinds of things.

My hocky sticks are shot too. I have not done anything with the visors but the same plan will apply. I plan to fill the divots with body filler sand to a smooth perfect finish and then paint the metal with caswell copper conductive paint. Then I have he Caswell Copy Chrome that will re-chrome them.

In addition I got the copper electroplating kit and it works real well. I actually did copper plat the hockysticks first and it worked well. I was then going to fill the divots with solder which worked well until I got it a little to hot....turns out the solder and pot metal have almost the same melting point. So I scrapped that idea and plan to do the conductive painting and copy chrome plating method....in theory should work well. I have all the stuff just need to do it.

Dan

My hocky sticks are shot too. I have not done anything with the visors but the same plan will apply. I plan to fill the divots with body filler sand to a smooth perfect finish and then paint the metal with caswell copper conductive paint. Then I have he Caswell Copy Chrome that will re-chrome them.

In addition I got the copper electroplating kit and it works real well. I actually did copper plat the hockysticks first and it worked well. I was then going to fill the divots with solder which worked well until I got it a little to hot....turns out the solder and pot metal have almost the same melting point. So I scrapped that idea and plan to do the conductive painting and copy chrome plating method....in theory should work well. I have all the stuff just need to do it.

Dan

Hmmm, does that mean you are doing the header bar too then? I wonder how all that will look in chrome, I know it's an option on the earlier cars but it seems like a lot of bling.

Hmmm, does that mean you are doing the header bar too then? I wonder how all that will look in chrome, I know it's an option on the earlier cars but it seems like a lot of bling.

Yea, I agree with the fact some items will never look new again. Just do the best you can to make em look as good as they can! That is all you can do and most people will never look at your car the way you look at it!

Here is my small investment in a buffing wheel and the stick of polish. I use the wire wheel to clean any and all parts for paint!

You got to be carefull, I've launched a few pc's of nice crome about 15 feet.

Make sure ther are no kids, dogs or nice paint jobs in the line of fire!:oops:

Yea, I agree with the fact some items will never look new again. Just do the best you can to make em look as good as they can! That is all you can do and most people will never look at your car the way you look at it!

Here is my small investment in a buffing wheel and the stick of polish. I use the wire wheel to clean any and all parts for paint!

You got to be carefull, I've launched a few pc's of nice crome about 15 feet.

Make sure ther are no kids, dogs or nice paint jobs in the line of fire!:oops:

I'd say it is about as nice as I have seen actually, looks like you had little pitting to deal with and a good piece to start with. Mine will definitely require more than a little buff and polish which surprises me seeing yours now since my car was such a rust free west coaster. I still am not sure what the heck I will do about the chrome visor rods but if I can get the whole thing to look decent without paint then I'll be happy.

I'd say it is about as nice as I have seen actually, looks like you had little pitting to deal with and a good piece to start with. Mine will definitely require more than a little buff and polish which surprises me seeing yours now since my car was such a rust free west coaster. I still am not sure what the heck I will do about the chrome visor rods but if I can get the whole thing to look decent without paint then I'll be happy.