Sign in to follow this  
S code 69

15" tire size question

On a stock '69 with standard 15X7 Magnum 500's will 235/60-15 on the front and 245/60-15 on the back have any clearance issues? front disk brakes if it matters.

It seems this wouldbe a good choice for a stock looking car but with a little more rubber.

If i had to do over again, i would go with a 245 55 15 just on the back instead of the 60 series just to lower the back a bit. Something else. I dont know if anyone else noticed a difference between tire/rim sizes but when i switched from a 14 x 7 magnum 500 with 225 60r 14 to 15 x8 magnums with 235 60r in the front, i noticed the tracking or stearing wanted to wander a little more going down the road. Not bad but it is noticeable over the other size. All of my front end componets and stearing (except the box) have been replaced so it's as tight as it's going to get for stock.

If i had to do over again, i would go with a 245 55 15 just on the back instead of the 60 series just to lower the back a bit. Something else. I dont know if anyone else noticed a difference between tire/rim sizes but when i switched from a 14 x 7 magnum 500 with 225 60r 14 to 15 x8 magnums with 235 60r in the front, i noticed the tracking or stearing wanted to wander a little more going down the road. Not bad but it is noticeable over the other size. All of my front end componets and stearing (except the box) have been replaced so it's as tight as it's going to get for stock.

Nice car there, you think it needs to be a little lower in the back? looks perfect to me, fills up the wheel well but you can still see the whole tire. kind an upgraded stock look.

My '70 Challenger has the front and back tires up in the wheel well a little and I don't care for that look, but that's the way they were built.

Nice car there, you think it needs to be a little lower in the back? looks perfect to me, fills up the wheel well but you can still see the whole tire. kind an upgraded stock look.

My '70 Challenger has the front and back tires up in the wheel well a little and I don't care for that look, but that's the way they were built.

Thanks. I've had her since 1990. Probably not the bes pictures showing a very slight rake in the back. Its slight enough that i'm not going to do anything about it. It's fine but i tend to be a little critical of my own stuff. When the 69 comes home next week from the paint shop, i need to decide on wheels. Since the 70 has magnums, i thought i might go with Torque Thrust D in a 16 or 17 inch.

Thanks. I've had her since 1990. Probably not the bes pictures showing a very slight rake in the back. Its slight enough that i'm not going to do anything about it. It's fine but i tend to be a little critical of my own stuff. When the 69 comes home next week from the paint shop, i need to decide on wheels. Since the 70 has magnums, i thought i might go with Torque Thrust D in a 16 or 17 inch.