Sign in to follow this  
69fstback

So Now What? 408

Ok My stroker kit for my 408 was on back order So i looked over eveything again and cancled my order because it said 9.4compression with 62cc head. Thats not what I want. I just searched the web trying to find a place where i can get 10.5to1 with a 62cc head. Does anyone know a good place to check? Thanks

Nothing wrong with 9.4:1 compression. Easier on gas requirements like maybe able to run 91 octane. Plus that is ideal compression for a NOS shot (future planning).

Again, call Mark at www.mmeracing.com. He builds custom stroker kits based on customer wants, type of engine and goals.

are you talking static compression or dynamic compression you will need to factor in your cam timing events to know where u are change cam and change dc. my static is 10.8 but my cam brings the dynamic back to around 9.5-9.8

I plan on going with TandL when I do mine, probably next year. I'm looking for close to 9.0 myself so I can go with lower octane gas and then if I go crazy, supercharge it or turbocharge it if I go totally nuts. Turbocharging makes more sense with a stroker, as they have tons of torque low down but, if they even need any more power, it would be at higher revs. I know you don't really rev a stroker as much, but turbo should have benefits at various RPM ranges.

Anyway, low compression keeps your options open! And with the price of gas these days . . . it could save you some money even on something that's only driven occasionally.

When I was originally looking at building my motor I was planning for 10.7:1 compression. I had it figured with the mild cam I had choosen and aluminum heads I could eek by on 87 octane gas. No need for low 9 compression to run regular unleaded; it depends on your cam and heads.

When I was originally looking at building my motor I was planning for 10.7:1 compression. I had it figured with the mild cam I had choosen and aluminum heads I could eek by on 87 octane gas. No need for low 9 compression to run regular unleaded; it depends on your cam and heads.