Sign in to follow this  
6T9rustang

Powerful Clevor!

Clevors are certainly a great way to go. They offer great HP potential and somewhat lower in the band width than a 4V Cleveland. Those CHI 3V heads and intake are the way to go IMO.

Notice most of the Engine master builders did Clevors. That speaks volumes for the build and performance.

After seeing that website and the price for that power I am feeling very ripped off, or 'corn holed' as you guys would say. I paid just about double that price for my motor AND suppied the short motor. Before I had my motor built, I walked into the shop where i had the my motor done with every intention of running the CHI 3v heads. but "NO", he said,the engine builder tells me, "they wont flow enough for 460cubes but the Yates heads will but triple the price because the Yates come bare and need lots of work and custom rocker gear." Stupid me, gave the green light to go with the Yates. NOT HAPPY!!:cursing: That site proves the CHI 3v can flow enormous numbers. Im going to run off a print of the site and slide it across the bench when I make my next payment to my engine builder!!

I'm going back to sit on the floor of the shower cubicle with the water running.

I am happy with the 185cc CHI3vs with 4v valves on my clevor/boss with a little extra work with the port matched track boss manifold and small spacer puts the air cleaner thru the hood but still under the stock mach1 air scoop. With a dual point dizzy a basic ignition and running rich put out 447rwhp on the chassis dyno which those who do the maths is right up there with the advertised numbers. for the street i have good response right thru the rev range. satisfaction in i got what i paid for and i think theres more in it and more than if i went for same size windsor heads IMO.

500+ is a beast, 600+ is a weapon