Sign in to follow this  
EastYorkStang

KYB shocks

I haven't installed mine yet but I did get a pair, mostly because I couldn't justify buying koni's and it seemed to be a reputable name that I saw being upgraded to magazine cars often enough.

I have them all around and like them. A little stiff but for a light to light street racer I'm good. Some state the Edelbrock shocks in the rear are better for launch so they may be a bit "smoother" or forgiving. KYB also has a G2(?) shock that some swear by.

What are your thoughts on these? I have them on my '70 and the ride is rough as can be.

I agree with you. They make a KYB GR2 with is susposed to be a little softer. Since all I do is street driving and crusing the white KYB's seem a little too stiff. I'm probably going to the GR2's soon. I'd like to hear from folks who've used them also.

I have the old 3 way adjustable style on mine. I have them set to the softest and the ride is pretty stiff. Of course, the car is lowered, has poly bushings and all that stuff so I'm sure that doesn't help things.

i have a combo of both KYB's on my car, Gasadjusts up front and the GR-2s out back. with my setup this combo works good for me.

I had this same setup and was very pleased with it.