Sign in to follow this  
6T9rustang

$150K for a Ford Falcon XA-GT coupe.

Had the privelige of heading down to the old mans friends ford museum and having a gork at this coupe. Had to wipe the tears out of my ears and the dribble off my chin. Nut and bolt restoration!:tongue_smilie: Also got handed the keys to the Cobra and took it for a spin.

Is that a rare car down under? What year and engine?

Looks like it could be a Mad max car. Were the Mad Max cars Falcons? Always liked the movie but never really followed up on the car models.

Is that a rare car down under? What year and engine?

Looks like it could be a Mad max car. Were the Mad Max cars Falcons? Always liked the movie but never really followed up on the car models.

Yep very rare now, they made three models in that style falcon coupe the models were XA 1972-'73, XB 1973-'76 and XC 1976-'78. They all ran 351 4V clevo's, FMX or Toploader and 9inch rears.:tongue_smilie: Mad MAX's car was the XC with a custom front end and spoilers/flares fitted. I took these pics of the original car at a show in Perth. I used to own the yellow XB '73 falcon. God I wish I had of kept her.

Are there many '03 Cobras with right hand drive for sale over there down under? It would be cool to have one over here in the States.

Ford claim there are only 4 in the country that have been ordered RHD from the U.S.

do you know if it's a cobra or just a clone?

its a clone of a cobra spec falcon,3514v 4 speed toploader,9 inch rear discs all round with 10x15 wheels tucked under stock rear arches.javed

Only the girls I've been with call me that, champ!:shifty:

Hopefully they would make better choices today. If given the choice, I'd take the supercharged two human shields option.

Or maybe those are the same. dunno.

Sweet looking coupe GT350. It looks like an early 70's XA GT model, not a Cobra.

Cobras were all 1978 XC models.

Cobra019_01.09.2003.jpg

The car is a basic 72 fairmont and not a real cobra still a stunning car.javed

tiz a sweet Fairmont! :tongue_smilie: You boyz must turn some heads when you're out cruising together!! Very rare to see those cars gracing the streets of Scotland I'll bet!

here another driving pic this time with a 70 boss replica

24thmay0818.jpg

DSC00025.jpg