Sign in to follow this  
69grandecj

Confused '69 Mustang on ebay

Seller says it's titled as a '70 but it looks like a '69. Interior though appears to be a '70. He is also calling it a SportsRoof.

Also check out the taillights.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Ford-Mustang-Sportsroof-Classic-1970-Mustang-Sportsroof-Grande-white_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ6236QQihZ005QQitemZ150249474462QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

hmmm, me thinks there was some creative titling going on there at one point. the body is definitely a 69...notice the ledge where the roof meets the 1/4 panels, 70's don't have those, the roof flows into the 1/4 panels. it's definitely got a 70 steering column and front seats though, but the rear seat looks like a standard interior 69 seat. i honestly think this is the better parts of 2 cars, like a 69 coupe and possibly (?) a 70 sportsroof

So, it's a 69 and 1/2? or a 70 and 1/2? Which one?

If it's my call, I'd lean towards a 69, with the front and the rear versions.

I'm not hip on the tail lights, but the rest of the car is not to bad.

Well the vin decodes as a sportsroof, NOT a coupe and NOT a Grande so that kills it right there. Too bad, it's not a bad looking car.

0f02f126572

<TABLE><TBODY><TR><TD>01</TD><TD></TD><TD>Hardtop</TD></TR><TR><TD>02</TD><TD></TD><TD>Sportsroof</TD></TR><TR><TD>03</TD><TD></TD><TD>Convertible</TD></TR><TR><TD>04</TD><TD></TD><TD>Grande (coupe only)</TD></TR><TR><TD>05</TD><TD></TD><TD>Mach 1 (sportsroof only)</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Yeah not a fan of those tail lights and that BM shifter sure is ugly. No offense to those that have them but I can't stand the BM ratchet shifter look in any car. Big, bulky and ugly IMO. I understand the need for them but man they really look out of place and tacky. I think the stock look is much cleaner looking.

No engine, trunk or undercarriage shots either. Plus the price is a little steep for a 69 (re-titled as a 70 sportsroof at that) with potential title & history issues. It all raises questions not only of workmanship but also the legality of the title especially to an out-of-state buyer who may have to have it inspected. Why wasn't the 69 VIN used? Hot? :detective: I think the current owner is clueless but something don't smell right.

I noticed this was relisted with the price cut $2500. After a couple of emails, the owner still maintains its a late 69 or early 70 with a 70 VIN even after I verified it has the wrong body code. When I saw it last night it had 0 bids and 2 days left. No one's going to touch this one. It looks like someone stuck them with it and may be a hidden reason why they want to sell it.