Sign in to follow this  
69fstback

15x8 255/60/15?

Hello I want to put a 255/60/15 tire on the back of my 69 mach 1. Will this fit on a 15x8 with 4.5 backspacing? or i could go with a 15x7 with 4 inch backspacing? I have everything i want picked out just wanted to make sure it fit.

(right now i have stock 69 rims with 245/60/15 with no problems)

What you see in my sig is;

Front - 225/70/15 on a 15x7 rim (27.4" tall)

Back - 275/60/15 on a 15x8 rim w/ 4.5BS (28" tall)

The difference in height is .6" so very close to neutral. The 255's were "shorter" than the 225's on the front that's why I ditched them.

Hi all, just triesd the new rimms on the car this week, 15 X 10 with 295/50/15. Cars getting stripped, engines getting rebuilt, so I don't know how it will handle. The wheel and tyre has clearance, but I will have to shave the bump stop support plate, and modify the front and rear of the inner guard. We will be lipping/rolling the gaurds, and adding an extra leaf to keep it stiff. Have no idea on the backspace, but the face of the doesn't stick out from the gaurd.

David

Hi all, just triesd the new rimms on the car this week, 15 X 10 with 295/50/15. Cars getting stripped, engines getting rebuilt, so I don't know how it will handle. The wheel and tyre has clearance, but I will have to shave the bump stop support plate, and modify the front and rear of the inner guard. We will be lipping/rolling the gaurds, and adding an extra leaf to keep it stiff. Have no idea on the backspace, but the face of the doesn't stick out from the gaurd.

David

Any pics? Hey Mach1! I have just applied for a job and might be moving from Perth to Melbourne. Might have to catch up, mate!

Hey,, Ive been to Perth!! Love it! I was actually in Freemantle "Free-o".. It was a great place.. an awsome place.. I went snorking at that Island out there off of Freemantle..

Rottnest Island! Glad You liked Perth. I've been here all my life but this job might get me East where I can live on the other side of the country for a change. The stang rebuild might have to get mothballed for a while:sad: until I settle in.