Sign in to follow this  
daneyb

LS! swap

That's just a peev of mine, when someone comes looking for insight and someone else takes the time to reply only to make them feel like they don't belong.

I don't think that was anyone's intention and not mine for sure.. I'm sure if I go to 69camaro.com and tell them I'm thinking about dropping in one of the new Ford Boss 302 crate engines in a camaro that I would be shot down in flames don't cha think? I would not feel unwanted, I would expect and welcome it if I posted a thread asking what they think about my idea.. I would hope that no one takes any advice or opinion I give as a personal assault. This is a forum and they ask for opinions and we give them, sometimes maybe not what they want to hear, or am I wrong? Anyways back to the question getting a LS1 in a classic Ford chassis would be very expensive and require alot of fabrication. If he only has a 3k budget a 302 based stoker would be my first choice or build the 351W.

Yes I know what inbreeding means. The breeding or mating of related individuals within an isolated or closed group of organisms or people. Inbreeding can result in inbreeding depression. However, in agriculture and animal husbandry, the continued breeding of closely related individuals can help to preserve desirable traits in a stock.

I guess putting an Olds motor into a Chevy car would be a little better analogy. :whistling: But it really makes as much sense as the comparison of the mixed or alternative lifestyle couples in comparision to putting a Chevy motor in a Ford car. By the way if I had a friend that thought it looked cool or different to wear his under ware on the outside of his clothes. Guess what I'd tell him how bad of an idea I thought it was, but if he want to do it. :thumbup1: But don't expect me to walk around with you looking like that. Not trying to argue with you Pak but the point you brought up about the couples was irrelevant to the OP's subject. And the only edit I did was to add about the Ford motor options that came to mind, didn't mean to sound callous in the post.

I'm not trying to argue it either (but my analogy was closer than yours :tongue_smilie:) just trying to keep it an open minded discussion. You can't deny your first post was even more irrelevant to the subject though and harsh on top of it. "If you want a Chevy motor go buy a Crapmaro, let someone that will enjoy the 69 have it to do it right." Not exactly a welcome mat for an irregular idea.

daneyb there are many stroker options both in suppliers and in size from 383 to 454 for the 351W and any combo in between. As I mentioned previously, if that was my route I would go 408.

I don't think that was anyone's intention and not mine for sure. I'm sure if I go to 69camaro.com and tell them I'm thinking about dropping in one of the new Ford Boss 302 crate engines in a camaro that I would be shot down in flames don't cha think? I would not feel unwanted, I would expect and welcome it if I posted a thread asking what they think.. I would hope that no one takes any advice or opinion I give as a personal assault. This is a forum and they ask for opinions and we give them, sometimes maybe not what they want to hear, or am I wrong?

I agree it was probably not intentional but he didn't ask for opinions either, he asked if it had been done and if so how. I'd also like to think that we are a little better and more civil here than any other forum, Camaro or otherwise. That's what makes this place so special, to me anyway.

I'm not trying to argue it either (but my analogy was closer than yours :tongue_smilie:) just trying to keep it an open minded discussion. You can't deny your first post was even more irrelevant to the subject though and harsh on top of it. "If you want a Chevy motor go buy a Crapmaro, let someone that will enjoy the 69 have it to do it right." Not exactly a welcome mat for an irregular idea.

daneyb there are many stroker options both in suppliers and in size from 383 to 454 for the 351W and any combo in between. As I mentioned previously, if that was my route I would go 408.

Why a 408?

To keep it a little streetable, 383 is more sensable but usually not fun enough for most looking to stroke. Once you get to a certain size you sacrafice longevity for performance. The next step after .60 over is pretty much a boat anchor. If you are already at that then no big deal I guess but I hate the thought of starting there when you could potentially bore it several times over many years starting lower. I would not have alot of confidence in any engine bored more than .30 personally.

True, but asking questions about a GM engine swap in a Ford Mustang on a Mustang forum will draw opinions. Anyone should expect that.

No argument there but it can be said two ways, nice or nasty.

No argument there but it can be said two ways, nice or nasty.

As they say beauty is in the eye of the beholder. I didn't think it was said nasty and that wasn't the intention, but then I don't see a reason to sugar coat it and sometimes the truth can be a hard pill to swallow.

i'd go the 392 route myself. scat makes a low cost 392 stroker crank, you then use the stock 351 rods with an off the shelf 302 piston, it's cheap and very viable, throw in a nice set of aftermarket heads and you can stay well within your $3k budget provided that all the accessory parts on your current 351 are in good shape and up to the task of the 392, stuff like intake, carb, exhaust, etc.

as for the bickering i'm only going to say this once, stop it, that goes for everyone. y'all have been at it long enough and i haven't been here the last few days so you've all had your say, now it's over or i'll make sure it's over.

I'm too tired to read this whole thread so this may not pertain but, I saw something in the beginning about the 6 speed tranny out of the camaro. I just wanted to say, that using a simple adaptor plate from McLeod, I used a T-56 out of a '00 Z-28 in my 69, first with my 347 and now with my 428....it helps ALOT on the freeway gas mileage.....i guess you can ignore this if it doesnt pertain.