Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Hendog

front sway bar

I agree, great site. lurked for awhile, finally registered. question is about an original front sway bar from a 70 boss 302 that i have. thinking about putting it on ebay. anyone know if there are any markings on it or any other way to prove its origin? how about the dia? did 15/16 inch dia come on lesser mustangs? anybody know? thanks for any help

I too found and lurked for a while, there is a great bunch of guys with stang knowlege here!

Boss is big over there or any where, I can't answer you? One thing sure if you list it over there, there will be somebody on that site that will know it and correct you or the bidding will skyrocket for Boss stuff!

Glad your here, hope you enjoy as much as I do!

The 15/16" bar was standard on all Boss's (302 or 429), Mach's and anything else with a 351-2V or larger motor in 1969 and 70. There's really no special markings between the various models it was installed in. I have one hanging in my garage along with the stock 5/8" rear bar. I too replaced my front with a 1 1/8th inch and the rear with a 7/8".

If you have a six-cylinder or 302-2V car, it makes a nice cheap upgrade to the front suspension. I did it on an old 302-2V Fastback I had and was plesantly suprised at how much better it handled.