Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

69mach1mw

anybody catch knight ridder?

yea i think id have to agree, without KITT this thing woulda been a bust. I dont care what people say about the acting (which wasnt that good) its a talking self driving badass car that can do anything, i too hope it becomes a series

I thought the show sucked! Yes, the car was SWEET, but everything else was sooo bad it took away from the show. I would have much rather seen just the car driving around with no acting or elementary school plots. But again, the car itself was SWEET

I had to record it to check out later but I switced to it a few times and wasn't impressed by what I did see, it felt like it was still a cheesy 80's show not something current.

The best part clearly was Val Kilmer as KITT. He had that 'voicemail' effect to his voice, and you could kinda tell it was a computer calling. I liked his part more than the car....

Then I fell asleep halfway through it. Take that for what it is. Yes, it was a nice remake, NO it didn't need to be made. It was way better than the Knight Rider they did many years back with KITT as a 67 'Vette. I'm glad they sunk that car in the bay.

The best part clearly was Val Kilmer as KITT. He had that 'voicemail' effect to his voice, and you could kinda tell it was a computer calling. I liked his part more than the car....

Then I fell asleep halfway through it. Take that for what it is. Yes, it was a nice remake, NO it didn't need to be made. It was way better than the Knight Rider they did many years back with KITT as a 67 'Vette. I'm glad they sunk that car in the bay.

are you sure you're not confusing it with that old tv detective/avenger series called "Stingray" where the lead character drove a 63 split window vette, black with the sidepipes and knock-off wheels? that was a pretty cool show if for nothing else than the cars they had on it.

are you sure you're not confusing it with that old tv detective/avenger series called "Stingray" where the lead character drove a 63 split window vette, black with the sidepipes and knock-off wheels? that was a pretty cool show if for nothing else than the cars they had on it.

I don't remember seeing the split window but I did love that car back then. Was this the show that near the end of the series the car is finally beyond repair and he finally replaces it with a late 80's Mustang? I got this flash of that wheh I read your post but I also pictured Robert Urich in it and that was Spenser for Hire and he had a 66' Mustang not a vette.

i don't think he replaced the car, i think the series just ended. i do remember in Spenser for Hire that had Robert Urich was driving a dark charcoal gray metallic 66 fastback and i think he did eventually replace it with a matching later model mustang. i think that's probably what you're thinking of.

stingray:

http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://www.buysellcommunity.com/uploads/122306/ww1/nmkocryfjydc.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.buysellcommunity.com/sale/KVFFUODL/&h=239&w=300&sz=10&hl=en&start=3&um=1&tbnid=-NgT0b3f3XuKrM:&tbnh=92&tbnw=116&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dtv%253B%2Bstingray%26um%3D1%26hl%3Den%26sa%3DN

couldn't find anything for spenser for hire except that one the cars used in the show is for sale

<TABLE width="95%" border=1><TBODY><TR><TD width="45%">

1965-Mustang-Fastback-Spencer-side3_thumb.jpg

</TD><TD width="55%">1965 Ford Mustang Fastback

V8 289 4v. Auto. Kelsey Hayes Front disc brakes. Interior has been reupholstered, seats are new. In the photos the interior is not assembled. Originally Rangoon Red with red interior, and had a 4 speed. Used in the TV series Spencer for Hire. Fake bullet holes in rear quarter. Rear window included.

VIN 5R09C173114

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

from this site

http://www.justmustangs.com.au/html/cars-sold-65Mustang.htm

Yeah that must have been what I was thinking of then because even though I don't remember the 66 very well oddly enough, I do remember the newer Mustang being gray with like a light blue stripe or something. I always remembered his mechanic breaking the bad news to him and tellimg him the new car was the same soul in a different body, that's like the only thing I remember of that show though and I don't know why it stuck with me forever.

Boy, if that car is for real then yikes it has had an unusual life since. Someone repainted it a different color than the show but left the bullet holes!??!?!?!? Smells like BS to me.

BTW, I think the Stingray is a 65'.

yeah i just posted what i found on the Spenser car. as for the stingray i think that was just a promo shot, the car in the show was definitely a split window. then again they probably had more one than car too, probably a couple of "hero" cars and several stunt cars as well.

Yep it was a trans am.

Wikipedia knows all: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Knight_rider

Too bad I wasn't talking about the original KITT. Some years after that series, they made a "Return of Knight Rider"-thing *(With Hasselhoff and a Cameo from Scotty Doohan) where KITT had been made into the '67 Vette, KARR wound up pushing that one into the bay, and they 'remade' KITT as a 57 Bel Air.

Too bad I wasn't talking about the original KITT. Some years after that series, they made a "Return of Knight Rider"-thing *(With Hasselhoff and a Cameo from Scotty Doohan) where KITT had been made into the '67 Vette, KARR wound up pushing that one into the bay, and they 'remade' KITT as a 57 Bel Air.

The who what where? I never heard of this at all, you'd think info like that would be in the wiki, maybe that was "team knightrider". Otherwise doesn't make any sense to go further back in the auto gene pool each time for 3 remakes. If the 57' got trashed then what next, a model A? It does say that in 94' they used a 69 Mustang though, hmmmmmm. I don't remeber any of those other variations listed though.

That's what they say:

Knight Rider 2010, a 1994 movie very loosely based on the show. In this case, a Classic 1969 Ford Mustang replaces the legendary Pontiac Trans Am, and there are very few links to the original show, so much so that it may not be considered canon other than for carrying the Knight Rider title. The film was penned by Miami Vice writer John Leekley.<SUP class=reference id=_ref-0>[1]</SUP>

But they also say:

<TABLE class="metadata plainlinks ambox ambox-content"><TBODY><TR><TD class=ambox-image>

</TD><TD class=ambox-text>

This article or section has multiple issues:

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

yeah i saw that but couldn't find any pics of said 69 stang. there was some kind of KITT thing called natasha os some girl name like that and it was obviously based on another firebird or camaro type car with heavily modified bodywork, but no 69 stang

Apparently I was talking about Knight Rider 2000, and it wasn't a 64 vette (or any vette-it was some f'ed over Batmobile Type Firebird.)

it does have a shot of KITT as the Bel Air, tho. Sorry about the confusion.

(In order to find this, I looked up James Doohan on the imdb.)