Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ashleesmach1

Restorer or Restomodder which are you?

Yep - Colonial... Never really referred to it as Rt 50 back then but I could not remember the name - getting old. I don't remember any particular cars except the two I mentioned. Seeing them basically blow up in front of you on a major road will stick in your mind.

Is that New Symrna beach the stang is on? Hung out there all the time also. I have photos of my rides around. I should scan them. My 69 was noticable mostly because it was a red 69 with the 70 rocker panels....

my reply pretty much mirrors Coz's in that the chicks did dig the hot cars back then but these days they are more into the ricer scene and yes, the bimmer guys too. anyone driving any kind of muscle car to pick up chicks anymore is considered "just some wierd old dude in an old car" it's only the guys interested in the cars anymore. i can remember the days when you'd be cruising the drag and girls would drive by and flash their boobs at the guys with the coolest cars.... too bad my car was always primer gray with old slot mags back then....dammit. in fact about the only time a girl is interested in an old musclecar anymore is if there's another chick driving it...:scared: but if you're lucky enough to be close by you muight see the boob flashing once more.:whistling:

hmmmm, maybe i can talk my wife to go out cruising one night with her friend and let me hide in the back seat. :biggrin:

you might want to rethink that.... since the guys will be a lookin', they might be a flashin' & it might be somethin' you wouldn't wanna see!!:no:

that did remind me of one trip home from new smyrna beach. these girls we had been messing with all day passed us with their tops off & those puppies hanging out the windows blowin' in the breeze! ahhh, the good ol' days!

I can understand why you guys would think girls are no longer interested in cars…Because you’re old married guys now; you’re out of the loop (please don’t take that the wrong way, hear me out). Things haven’t change, you have. Girls love cars, especially classic Mustangs, you just present it differently now days. Instead of cruising up and down the strip, you simply take a few cool pics of you and your car, and any other “toys†you may have, in my case my Gixxer, and post them on your Myspace page, and wait for the emails. Sounds easy, huh? It is, just like it was for you (if you had a nice car) in your “good ole’ daysâ€. I can imagine in 10 or 15 years me posting on here saying similar things as I’m hearing now. I will say “ hey Coz jr., remember when we use to just post our cars on my space and hook up?†LOL, it could happen. But really think about it, remember in the 50’s when everyone use to hang out at the burger joint drive up (I’m only going off of movies I’ve seen), and the scene was different in the 60’s, 70’s and when you came up in the 80’s, but they ALL have one common theme GIRLS LOVE CARS, FAST & LOUD!!! How can you argue with that? Ok let me have it… I can take it.

I think it's coming full circle. Last year at the Cruz -In's I had a lot of younger women -girls really like my car. Remember they don't know an R code from F code. Let's face it these cars stand out whether stock or modified. Just remember it's all about the confidence and playing it cool.

I can understand why you guys would think girls are no longer interested in cars…Because you’re old married guys now; you’re out of the loop (please don’t take that the wrong way, hear me out). Things haven’t change, you have. Girls love cars, especially classic Mustangs, you just present it differently now days. Instead of cruising up and down the strip, you simply take a few cool pics of you and your car, and any other “toys†you may have, in my case my Gixxer, and post them on your Myspace page, and wait for the emails. Sounds easy, huh? It is, just like it was for you (if you had a nice car) in your “good ole’ daysâ€. I can imagine in 10 or 15 years me posting on here saying similar things as I’m hearing now. I will say “ hey Coz jr., remember when we use to just post our cars on my space and hook up?†LOL, it could happen. But really think about it, remember in the 50’s when everyone use to hang out at the burger joint drive up (I’m only going off of movies I’ve seen), and the scene was different in the 60’s, 70’s and when you came up in the 80’s, but they ALL have one common theme GIRLS LOVE CARS, FAST & LOUD!!! How can you argue with that? Ok let me have it… I can take it.

man, i don't when you were born but it was the same in the 80's as it was in the 50's. everyone would go out and "cruise the drag" or main street or whatever and we would still park at the local burger joints and drive ins, parts stores, car washes, etc. just like my folks did and like everyone i ever knew that was either older or even younger than me did. then all the ricers started street racing right down the cruise streets and the cops shut it all down and it never recovered, was pretty much the same in Abilene, Austin, Houston, San Antonio and DFW too. pretty much everywhere we went in the mid 90's it was the same story...ricers racing through the streets and the cops shutting down the cruise spots. of course the hardcore street racers still went to their same places until housing developments started popping up or whatever and then they'd go out and scout new places to run 'em but cruising was dead or dying. that's the problem with today's kids, no place to cruise and if they do find a place either they are too stupid to keep from racing down it or someone else is and F's it up for everyone else. that's not to stay we didn't still have the occasional stoplight grand prix but they were few and far between and we alway made sure there was no one else around close enough to get hurt and once you got pulled for two or three lengths you were done and it was time to shut it down.