Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Pakrat

Yo Bryan, here's something to think about....

Yeah, to do it right and well was a whole lot of effort. If you go to the main page and check out others (and there are quite a few to my surprise) it looks like Kevin Marty was actually one of the pioneers of this conversion.

I thinnk if a 69' wasn't good enough for me and I absolutely had to have a 67'/68' vert that I might consider doing a folding hardtop instead like was opriginally designed for the Mustang and scrapped.

yeah that guy is a member of the cougar forum i'm on. he's not the only one there that's done or is doing one of those, the owner of West Coast Classic Cougar is doing a 68 GT-E version in black and silver (my favorite football teams colors :biggrin:) and another guy did a 67 or 68 cougar that he put a mustang fastback roof on, don't think i have any pics of that one though. i've considered doing mine in black with silver stripes but i think i'm going to stick with the same color combo that's on the stang now, but the interior will have blue/black houndstooth cloth inserts with black 69 mach 1 carpet with 4 blue floor mat inserts. i just can't decide if i want to stay with the two-tone painted roof in black or if i want to leave it white like it is now or have an actual vinyl top installed. the car is baby blue with the white painted top now just like when it left the factory but the baby blue is going bye-bye here is my inspiration

oh hey, i do have a pic of the fastback cougar after it got done, it's a 68 actually.

Are you sure that's not just a photochop??????????? Any other angles? It kind of reminds me more of a mid 60's barracuda that way.

yep, i'm sure. here's a pic of the car unfinished

I don't see any difference in those 2 pics at all?!?!?!?!? And I know you are half blind from past posted pic issues but something is not right with that pic. The back roof line is slightly jagged compared t6o the rest of the car and the color on the whole back piece and over the top of the door does not match well.:001_huh:

I don't see any difference in those 2 pics at all?!?!?!?!? And I know you are half blind from past posted pic issues but something is not right with that pic. The back roof line is slightly jagged compared t6o the rest of the car and the color on the whole back piece and over the top of the door does not match well.:001_huh:

oops....wrong pic

Look how high the side window is comapred to the windshield, and how pinched the front pillar gets at the top compared to the bottom, look at the entire back window line, it's jagged unlike the rest of the car lines, the entire roof from above the window back looks like it was white and color corrected. I could go on and on but I feel like you are pulling my leg because it is so obviously a fake.

Look how high the side window is comapred to the windshield, and how pinched the front pillar gets at the top compared to the bottom, look at the entire back window line, it's jagged unlike the rest of the car lines, the entire roof from above the window back looks like it was white and color corrected. I could go on and on but I feel like you are pulling my leg because it is so obviously a fake.

i swear i'm not pulling your leg, that is supposed to be the finished version of the car. if it's not then someone is puling the wool over a lot of eyes. i never really studied the finished pic that closely, i just took them at their word. the unfinished pic is truly real though, i've seen other pics of it besides just that one