Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

unfrozen1969

To build or not to build

I have learned that;

There are several strength ratings for 9-inch rear ends, depending on the donor car from which they came. The

1967-'73 Mustangs used the lightest duty (thinnest tubing) 9-inch rear ends while 1957-'68 full-size passenger

cars and half-ton pickups used what is considered to be a medium-duty 9-inch differential.

The 1971-'76 Ranchero and Torino used what was considered as a race-ready, high-performance unit straight

from the factory.

http://www.cometeastcarclub.org/ford9in.html

I am not sure whether a 302 car would have this rearend, or is it like the Cougar where I believe they all came with 9 inch rear ends.

I have learned that;

There are several strength ratings for 9-inch rear ends, depending on the donor car from which they came. The

1967-'73 Mustangs used the lightest duty (thinnest tubing) 9-inch rear ends while 1957-'68 full-size passenger

cars and half-ton pickups used what is considered to be a medium-duty 9-inch differential.

The 1971-'76 Ranchero and Torino used what was considered as a race-ready, high-performance unit straight

from the factory.

http://www.cometeastcarclub.org/ford9in.html

I am not sure whether a 302 car would have this rearend, or is it like the Cougar where I believe they all came with 9 inch rear ends.

Hello Pak

I have tried to figure out how to photo shop the image below, but it did not work out too well. Basically I like the look of the Mach 1, but in a convertible, without the stripping or the upper scoop vents. I like the meadowlark yellow with the dark hood. What program do you recommend to use ot do this, Adobe ?

Bill

Hello Pak

I have tried to figure out how to photo shop the image below, but it did not work out too well. Basically I like the look of the Mach 1, but in a convertible, without the stripping or the upper scoop vents. I like the meadowlark yellow with the dark hood. What program do you recommend to use ot do this, Adobe ?

Bill

Adobe is the maker of the actual Photoshop program, Correl also offers a similar program called Paint Shop pro which is very good too. There are probably other versions alos but I am only familliar with these two.

Adobe is the maker of the actual Photoshop program, Correl also offers a similar program called Paint Shop pro which is very good too. There are probably other versions alos but I am only familliar with these two.

Oh good. The best way to learn is too just experiment and mess around but there are multiple ways to do pretty much everything and some are a lot easier than others so let me know if you need any help or want some tips and tricks, just shoot me a PM if you get stumped.

Oh good. The best way to learn is too just experiment and mess around but there are multiple ways to do pretty much everything and some are a lot easier than others so let me know if you need any help or want some tips and tricks, just shoot me a PM if you get stumped.

LOL, and I'm an amateur hack compared to most folks, but thanks anyway.

Just keep practicing and you'll get there quick. Sometimes you have to ask yourself what the easiest route to your objective is, for example are you better off trying to make an actual Mach 1 into a convertible or finding a convertible that already has most of the mach stuff on it and simply changing the color of the car or blacking out the hood instead, the second is far easier. Here's a pic of a car you could probaly mod easier by just adding a hood scoop to it and blacking out the hood.

barrettjackson428.1.jpg

This link has some good shots too that you could add a chin cspoiler too instead and black out the hood also.

http://www.jameslist.com/advert/316195/for-sale-ford-mustang-gt