Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

FMACHI

Anyone from Cleveland, Ohio

I'm over 3 hours away, I'd like to help, but it's distance-prohibitive. If you can't scare up another closer member, I'll see what I can arrange.

It has a low VIN, and factory dual exhaust on a 302? Sounds interesting....

i wasn't being sarcastic, it genuinely looks like an interesting find. I'm not sure about the dual exhaust being offered on 2v or not, maybe it was dealer installed, and he's got his lexicon wrong. He's definitely got it wrong when he listed "leather seats"! :lol:

I can tell you that the radio is NOT original, and this guy must have a big brass set to repaint the exterior, and leave the green dash. I suspect we have another LimeGold Hater amoungst us. I was looking for some way to have the red ext. and keep the green/black int., but I don't have the stomach for it. I would like to know what you think about it (if the thing happens.)

Sure, good luck.

I think it's pretty obvious by the descriptions that this guy is not a loyal fan of the Mustang cult and has done little to no work on this car himself and knows even less about it than some young kid from Tokyo. The moment anyone starts off there auction with RARE and lists things as factory that most of us know just aren't that you can't be expecting to find a real gem. If the reserve isn't over 10k though and the car is solid with a good cowl and pretty rust free like he claims then it is worth a restoration.

I would seriously open up your search parameters though. This car is obviously not originally red and needs repainting anyway. A V8 and automatic can be added to any car as well.

This car is obviously not originally red

It was part of the plan, look at the trunk lid, and you'll see the name of the car:

"Jamaican Christmas, Feliz Navidad, Mon!"

Unfortunately, it is getting out of my budget. I am keen on a 69 convertible. Preferably a white or red, V8 auto. Power roof would be a plus. If anyone sees something for under 8,000, I'd be interested. Am prepared to go as high as 13,000 for something in good contion that doesn't need a respray.

david

What would something like a car cost to ship to OZ? Also, do they allow left hand drivers in OZ-land? I would assume so since your's is....

I also am a fan of the 69 vert since it was the 1st car I ever owned. Wish I would have kept it.

Not sure that dash is green - think it's the reflection from the glass making it appear so.

I don't know what it costs to ship a car TO Oz, but I know a single car FROM there can run as high as $6k. It may have changed some since it's been a couple years since I was after a Falcon coupe. (still angry about that one)

Unfortunately, it is getting out of my budget. I am keen on a 69 convertible. Preferably a white or red, V8 auto. Power roof would be a plus. If anyone sees something for under 8,000, I'd be interested. Am prepared to go as high as 13,000 for something in good contion that doesn't need a respray.

david

I hate to be a sour pill but don't hold your breath on that. When I bought my car in 2000 it was about a 15 footer and it cost just over 10k. That was the average sell price back then, today the average sell price is like 22k and that is for a 20 footer. For 8k you'll be lucky to about find a rusty one that runs but needs lots of work just to be dependable much less in the color you want and not needing a repaint. I'm not saying you won't strike gold if you are real patient and maybe get to something first and can act quickly but the odds are just not in your favor. Heck it might even be hard to find a good coupe for that kind of cash let alone a vert.

We at the Montreal Mustang club imported an original '71 Boss Mustang that originally belonged to deceased Formula1 driver Gilles Villeneuve. The car was completely redone in France by his son Jacques Villeneuve and afterwards donated to his father's musueum here in Berhierville, Quebec...the cost of shipping the car from France to Montreal Canada was in the neighbourghood of $4000CDN, plus insurance for the container it was in....$1000CDN, so that's a lot of money, and i'm not counting all the applicable taxes as well...i had the chance to see the car a few times, what a beauty.....

Impotring most cars from the states is approximately 3,000, plus insurance, plus taxes. Thats in Australian dollars. And what on earth is a 15 footer v 20 footer.

That's car talk for from how far away the car looks good. In other words, from 20 feet the car looks great, as you start getting closer than that you start to see all the flaws more and more.

Sorry I just saw this post. I haven't been on in a few days. If you find another in the Cleveland area let me know and I will be happy to check it out for you.

But as others have said, for a good convertible I think your budget is a bit low. But the way some companies around here are getting ready to lay off workers, you may stumble across a deal yet.

Russ

I have to say though that I spot a few things on just about every one of those under priced cars that scares me a bit.

what sort of things do you refer to.

As long as its at the right price to repair, I may still be interested. Obviously I need the car to be safe on the road.