Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Arrowhead

A LITTLE bit of progress

Got the new panels in epoxy. Starting to hang panels to check alignment before bodywork. It's a lot easier to tweek things now before everything is painted. This is just a rough first pass, lot of fitting to do. Need to get he hood on before I get serious. Door opens and shut nice so that was exciting.

http://hotrodders.com/journal_photos/00020616/11791923482.jpg

Cool, coming along nicely. The dry fit was very exciting to see the car nice and clean and straight and actually looking like a car again but when we started to break it all down again for winter storage I started to feel like it was never going to end again. Now that I'm finally at the paint stage though it's like nothing can stop you, and you are right so nice not to have to sweat fitment now having ironed out all the bugs in primer.

Thanks, going pretty slow. Summers are short around here so I was almost thinking of laying off for the summer to enjoy myself. No one wants to sand when it's 90 degress anyway, especially me.

What is the final color going to be?

-Stephen

Thats been a sore subject. It's tough to pick a color for this car. I've looked at hundreds of pictures and cars in parking lots to help decide. I have a favorite color, but I want to keep that for my dream car, possibly bright atlantic blue. One color that stunned me is the new Mitsubishi Sunset pearlescent. I'd love to use the color, but don't think it goes with a vintage mustang. Light colors like yellow and white are easier to paint and I've seen some that look good in that color, but the coupe needs a little "tougher" color to make up for the plain body lines. I was originally going to use Vista blue, which is a newer Ford color. She finally decided on Phantom blue mica. It's a heavy metallic dark aqua color with a lot of pearl in it. It's on the newer Mazdas. They also have a bright blue color, but this one has a shade of green to it. It's little different color and I think it will look good. May experiment with some argent colored stripes to match the wheel color.

Someone did a chop simillar to that in the photshop forum not too long ago but it was a little more tangerine than copper. Definitely a tougher combo than a plainer paint job.

attachment.php?attachmentid=1327&d=1176731711

Well, I'm sure I'm in the minority, but think that is freaking cool. It would really help give the coupe some lines.

Here is the color she is gravitating toward, but I might have to give the two tone a second look. Thanks for the picture.

Now were getting somewhere. That even looks like a coupe.

Thats whats left of the trunk drop off I didn't need.

It's her car but my project. She do what ever she wants as long as I approve it. :001_smile:

There is a lot of metallic in it, but it looks nicer in person.

Heres the actual car

Now were getting somewhere. That even looks like a coupe.

Thats whats left of the trunk drop off I didn't need.

It's her car but my project. She do what ever she wants as long as I approve it. :001_smile:

There is a lot of metallic in it, but it looks nicer in person.

Heres the actual car

Yeah it does look a little smoother on a whole car. I know the pic you took of the trunk was in direct sun but when I saw it the first thing I thought of was a fancy pool lining.

I'm not usually a fan of the two tone per say but I think with your modern wheels it could really be cool on your car if done right. You could do a two tone Blue also, a much darker and flatter deep Midnight Blue on top would really set off the metallic below it.