Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

musman

Tire clearance on '69 Mach1

Yep, thats the measures I'm using. Using your backspacings as well, ie 5.375" front and 6.38 rear. Bought 9" for the fronts that will be sectioned and narrowed to 8.5" (or maybe a little less).

Are your fenders all rolled? It looks like it.

That's the way i'm going, 215/65/15 on 15x7 with 1 inch drop up front, and 255/60/15 on 15x8 out back with stock suspension....backspacing is 4.5 all around.

Thanks for all the replys .

Musman,

What was the final choice on the wheels/tires combo - the above or 15x8s all around. I am looking at the same size Magnums - 15x7 up fron and 15x8 out back. Just need to select the tire sizes so this thread helped a lot.

Also do you have any pictures?

i am going to run

205/55/16 on the front (on 16" 4 1/2" bs wheels) w/ front lowered 2"

255/55/16 on the rear with the same wheels, rear at stock height

You may find this interesting. It has 215/55/17s & 255/55/17s on 8s and 7s.

MD

Hey guys...thought I'd chime in. I eventually want to go w/ a 9.5" or 10" wheel in back but here are my wheel specs. Front = 17X7 TTII (don't remember the backspacing) 245/45/17. Lock to lock I lack about a half turn due to rubbing on the inner frame. In the rear I have 17X8 TTII w/ IIRC 4.5bs. Tires in the rear are the same at 245/45/17. IMO not enough meat outback. When I originally ordered these wheels there was not enough info out there to get the correct backspacing for the 9.5" TTII's and there was a no return policy so I didn't want to risk it. What do you guys think would be the correct BS for 9.5" in the rear. Stock suspension in front w/ airshocks in the rear. Lips aren't rolled but will be soon and I'm going w/ a drop all the way around. Not a slammed look but probably a 1.5" drop in front and about an 1" in the rear.

Here's pics....the other TTII's are 15X7 all the way around and I really can't remember for the life of me what size tires I was using.

Here's w/ 15X7 all the way around...

8a69.jpg

15X7 compared to 17X7

Mustang2019.jpg

Mustang2007.jpg

Mustang2012.jpg

mustang111.jpg

And if I really wanted to slam it :tongue_smilie:

mustangwicked1redo.jpg

I'll add some more closups of the tires/wheels once I find the pics.

Nice looking coupe! I agree with you about lowering it quite a bit.

The optimal backspacing for a larger tire (275 - 295) in the rear would be 5.5 - 6.0. Either would work well. I gave a range because sometimes there are limited choices from the wheel companies.

You could go to around 6.25 but you'll get into hammering the inner feder for clearance.

MD