Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Kiwi John

Louvers/spoiler or not?

This is an opinion poll !

I am in the middle of restoring an original set of louvers that came with my car, the car did not have them originally so there are no holes in the body.

I also have the nice new spoiler from NPD to put on also.

The question is: should I drill 12 holes in my car to put this junk on or does it look better the way it is ?

I really like the plain no nonsense look as it is, just like the Boss 429 didn't have all that crap on it.

On the other hand, I have the items and they do look cool on the Mach 1

What do you guy's think? should I put them on or should I not?

Check out my other pic's in my post in the introduction sticky.

Cheers

can't make up my mind, John

This is an opinion poll !

I am in the middle of restoring an original set of louvers that came with my car, the car did not have them originally so there are no holes in the body.

I also have the nice new spoiler from NPD to put on also.

The question is: should I drill 12 holes in my car to put this junk on or does it look better the way it is ?

I really like the plain no nonsense look as it is, just like the Boss 429 didn't have all that crap on it.

On the other hand, I have the items and they do look cool on the Mach 1

What do you guy's think? should I put them on or should I not?

Check out my other pic's in my post in the introduction sticky.

Cheers

can't make up my mind, John

I did have the louvers put on my car. It's a daily driver and one reason is here in Texas it gets mighty hot, and the sun bearing down on that back window will heat the car up quite a bit. Second, I like the look. Figure out if you like the look.

I did have the louvers put on my car. It's a daily driver and one reason is here in Texas it gets mighty hot, and the sun bearing down on that back window will heat the car up quite a bit. Second, I like the look. Figure out if you like the look.

Since you have already added the hood tach and front spoiler I would go ahead and do it. The louvers really do help with the heat.

i agree 100%. what's a couple more holes to weld up later. i personally like the look of the louvers and spoiler especially on a restomod, now if the car was 100% original and didn't have any of the other stuff on them then i'd say leave them off.

Since you have already added the hood tach and front spoiler I would go ahead and do it. The louvers really do help with the heat.

i agree 100%. what's a couple more holes to weld up later. i personally like the look of the louvers and spoiler especially on a restomod, now if the car was 100% original and didn't have any of the other stuff on them then i'd say leave them off.

I totally agree. If the other items were not there, I would leave the louvers and rear spoiler off since it was CJ car.

I totally agree. If the other items were not there, I would leave the louvers and rear spoiler off since it was CJ car.

I could go either way, I like the way your car looks now and I like the items you are thinking of adding too. I wouldn't think twice about doing it if that is your only issue but you gotta do what you like, you have to look at it every day not the world.

I could go either way, I like the way your car looks now and I like the items you are thinking of adding too. I wouldn't think twice about doing it if that is your only issue but you gotta do what you like, you have to look at it every day not the world.

sounds to me like you really dont like them and youve allready made up your mind but, me personnelly i love the spoiler and i definatly put it on the lovers on the other hand are cool but unless i had a car that had them originally i wouldnt put them on they are now a dated styling feature but ultimately it is your car and you have to decide

sounds to me like you really dont like them and youve allready made up your mind but, me personnelly i love the spoiler and i definatly put it on the lovers on the other hand are cool but unless i had a car that had them originally i wouldnt put them on they are now a dated styling feature but ultimately it is your car and you have to decide