Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

bswor

More mustangs more problems

I commute to and from school twice a week, which is roughly 80 miles one way. Anywho im cruisin along several miles over the speed limit in my new 2006 stang with my radar detector, thinking im untouchable, and when i get to the top of the hill me and a state trooper meet. So i slow down as much as possible, i get down to 69 in a 55 before he gets a good reading. What really sucks is at that moment is when my radar detector goes off, so much for an early warning $%$^#%@# But these guys a freaking vultures, this road has alot of hills but its a straight strech for about 10 miles and the speed limit is only 55? Thats just :shit:ty.

I hope i helped his quota

If i had only been going 4-5 miles over i would have been fine. Ahh well at least it was in the parish(county for you other states) that i live in. So I might can get it taken care of if i'm lucky.

I assume that your parents took your license?

Hmm. at least it wasn't 89 in a 65. Over in NEW JERSEY, points and fines doubled in a 65 zone.

Honestly I was trying to get around a rediculous tractor trailor driver. Normally I'm very conservative driving, but I was in the Daily (4.6l Grand Marquis) and it's just soo smooth.

If i had only been going 4-5 miles over i would have been fine. Ahh well at least it was in the parish(county for you other states) that i live in. So I might can get it taken care of if i'm lucky.

I assume that your parents took your license?

no my parents didnt take it, the damn state took my license, "cuz i speed too much", well if there wernt such dicks that would pull me over for going 4 to 5 miles over, then i wouldnt have soo many damn tickets. that ticket happened in may i think, goin 39 in a 35, and i lost my license then and cant get it back till december. all that for going 4 MILES OVER THE DAMN LIMIT!

Yeh thats a little to nit picky but how many other tickets did you get??

I should also add i was doing about 80 before that hill. So i was able to slow down a good bit before the "coppa" got me. Geez 89 in a 65 huh, i dont even want to know how much that ticket was.

Oh i found out the top speed of the 2006 the other night, 113 before the governor kicks in. :)

Geez Ben, I can't believe he even saw you in that Stealth Yellow. LOL.

At least you were going a cool speed though, you would think it would have been a lucky number? Good thing you weren't doing top speed when he nabbed ya.

All I can say is I may be no angel myself but I wish the punk that hit me doing 65 in a 30 had been stopped a few more times in his past and maybe I would still be cruising instead of rebuilding.

Yeh its kind of hard to lay low in it now. I've passed state boys before in my previous driver (95 explorer) doing 70 and they never gave me a second look. I guess ill have to get used to being profiled now. But 70 on that road is my normal speed, i was only exceeding that because i was a little late. I also noticed him checking out my window tint while i was diggin for registration.

Yeh i hadnt thought about my speed being 69 heh. Real lucky.... :no::no: