Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Pakrat

It looks like I'll need a new rearend

I know this might sound crazy..... and i'm not sure that i'd do it..... but the guys who were talking about this same problem when I looked into doing mine said to loosen all the bolts and drive around the block. Don't go far, and don't loosen them too much, but just enough. Bring it around the block, come back and snug them up. It makes sense.

That would work good, but as you said don't go very far. For piece of mind, you could always double nut all of the components that you loosened. This will prevent the nut from quickly vibrating off (although not very likely).

That would work good, but as you said don't go very far. For piece of mind, you could always double nut all of the components that you loosened. This will prevent the nut from quickly vibrating off (although not very likely).

actually Pak could do the same thing just driving up and down his driveway a few times then he wouldn't have to worry about double nutting, the problem is that the engine and trans are out of the car at the moment, hence whay i suggested as i did.

haha, bnickel said double nutting.....

Anyway, yea if the engine isn't in the car, it could make things slightly difficult. Just a guess.

:laugh::laugh::laugh: