Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ForceFed70

Titl colum - steering shaft u-joint

So the u-joint or whatever it is in my steering shaft where the steering colum tilts needs to be replaced. You can feal it bind when turning sometimes, and I'm sure it's causing slop in the steering.

I can't seem to find the replacement parts I need to fix this... can anyone point me in the right direction?

Thanks!

I have not had good luck finding parts for the 1970 tilt column. Years ago CalMustang carried bearings for these, but I was always trying to buy them between shipments. Either that or they were full of **it. Ultimately i got my money back, I put it towards buying a spare column from the boneyard.

You may want to consider getting a standard column and use it for now and take your tilt out and see about taking it apart. Then you'll know whats wrong with it. Sometimes eBayers will have parts or columns.

They sell the rag joint in the mustang parts catalogs. It is in the steering section. Keep in mind that the tilt column use specific rag joints, but the rubber is the same for all of them. The rubber is what the mustang parts houses carry. If anyone has a line on a reasonably priced tilt column, let me know ;)