Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Pakrat

New 69/70 Full Sportroof Body From Dynacorn?

So I'm flicking thru the channels over the weekend and I catch the last few minutes of some Muscle car show and they are building a 69' vert from a dynacorn shell and at the end the guy blurbs out that due to their success they will offer a new 69/70 shell next year. Has anyone heard about that? I know they offer full qtrs already but I hadn't heard about the whole shell. Didn't know if it was an old show and he meant the 67 fastback one or this is something coming down the road.

i believe that was musclecar on spike. i always watch all the car shows on spike on saturday and sunday mornings. i record them on the DVR too. they usually have different re-runs on sunday than what was on the previous saturday so that's why i watch both.

i really used to like watching Trucks when Stacy David was still hosting it, the new guys just aren't the same.

anyway i heard the blurb about the 70 fastback and was wondering the same thing if he actually meant the 67. maybe the'll do both, not like i could afford either one but hey it is cool.

i really used to like watching Trucks when Stacy David was still hosting it, the new guys just aren't the same.

Agreed.. what happened to him anyhow? I did catch an episode where he was dissing the 'other network' shows with idiot bosses and guys who don't know how to build a car when talking about the new SoCal Speed Shop. Actually I had to kind of agree with him. Stacy was a Ford guy too.. :clap:

-Stephen

I talked to the Dynacron guys at SEMA last year and they told me they had shipped over a 69 fastback to Tiawan to be dissected to make a new 69 fastback. But maybe they opted fo a few changes to make a 70? He told me it would have the big block shock towers.. I forgot to ask them about staggard shocks.

Agreed.. what happened to him anyhow? I did catch an episode where he was dissing the 'other network' shows with idiot bosses and guys who don't know how to build a car when talking about the new SoCal Speed Shop. Actually I had to kind of agree with him. Stacy was a Ford guy too.. :clap:

-Stephen

last i heard he had left the show to do another show for a different network but i haven't seen or heard what show. he has his own website, http://staceydavid.com/ but there haven't been any updates in a while. i think specifically the show he was talking about was american hotrod, Boyd is jerk and that guy Duane is just a prick plain and simple.

Ha Ha.. yeah, that is who I took it as but was being nice. I figured he was canned for being honest or something.

Ahh.. I see he's going to be in a new show. Should be interesting. Personally I've always liked his approach but it appears the idea of more tech how to will be even better.

-Stephen

Ha Ha.. yeah, that is who I took it as but was being nice. I figured he was canned for being honest or something.

Ahh.. I see he's going to be in a new show. Should be interesting. Personally I've always liked his approach but it appears the idea of more tech how to will be even better.

-Stephen

for anyone that wants to know, they have finally released the info on Stacy's new show. it'll be on ESPN2 starting in march and will be called Stacy David's "Gearz". he'll be doing more than just trucks too apparently. i'm kind of excited myself, i think Stacy was one of the best tv car show hosts around, if not the best and he always had some cool projects going on. anyway, here is the info on the new show

http://www.gearztv.com/show/show.htm

ok for some reason that lonk isn't working. don't know why i copied directly from the address bar. oh well just go here and click show info.

http://www.gearztv.com/bio/staceydavid.htm

Cool. That should be good. I like him as well myself. More to the point, explains without the 'puns of pain' like others.

I also like Lou Santiago of Musclecar. He's goofy sometimes but knows his stuff and is fun to watch fab up things and listen to his explainations.

-Stephen

ive heard they are doing the 70 fastback as well , a few small changes and poof its a 69 this is good news now maybe alot of people with alot more money then me will opt to buy the new body and start selling the originals cheap so i can finnally have my 69 fastback again, a guy can dream cant he

i to wish stacy david was still on trucks i want to see the finished srgt rock power wagon he was working on that thing should be awesome i dont like anyof the host that spike has on thier car shows except maybe the 2 originals on horsepower and the girl on extreme 4x4 (just gotta love a girl that can do what she does cut , weld, twist wrenches) the only other host i like on spike is the ever sooo hot courtney hanson i would........

the only car show i really like is overhaulin allthough it is starting to get old fast we wont even talk about american crap rod and his trained bald poodle

are you guys sure stacy david is a ford guy? he seemed to lean an awefull lot toward mopars to me of course both are fine with me as i own both

oh and did i mention courney hanson ......is a ford girl a very hot ford girl

i think Stacy David is one of those rare car guys whos just bleeds motor oil not ford blue, chevy orange or hemi orange. i think he wavers more to to the side of mopar and ford than chevy but he's also one of those guys who believes that if you build a rod it should be powered by an engine from that manufacturer in most cases. he wouldn't put a chevy motor in a ford or a mope. but he might put in a mopar engine in just about anything, the hairy hauler for example, which was an international pickup and the wicked willys also got a mopar crate 360.