Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

69 Mach 1

fomoco forum

Compliments to this forum as it is 60-70 specific and great postings. I was wondering if anyone ever posted on the fomoco forum in the past as it has been down for a while now. Wondering if our friends at Ford shut them down?:angry:

I remember reading something about that forum a month or so ago, stating that Ford did shut them down but they had a temporary site up elsewhere. I'll dig around and see if i can find out anything.

BTW, has anyone noticed that Mustang Illustrated has essentially become a podium lately for Ron Bramlett to fight Ford on this? Not that I am complaining, giant or not I don't think anyone should just lie down for this with out talking to someone at Ford other than a lawyer, but it seems to be all the news there is to read lately.

Personally while I will always love the Stang I am almost ashamed to own one these days and almost partially feel like we all need to do alot more about this problem then just talk amongst ourselves or sign a lousy online petition.

BTW, has anyone noticed that Mustang Illustrated has essentially become a podium lately for Ron Bramlett to fight Ford on this? Not that I am complaining, giant or not I don't think anyone should just lie down for this with out talking to someone at Ford other than a lawyer, but it seems to be all the news there is to read lately.

Personally while I will always love the Stang I am almost ashamed to own one these days and almost partially feel like we all need to do alot more about this problem then just talk amongst ourselves or sign a lousy online petition.

What do you suggest? I feel the same way but I really do not know what to do on the matter. For now im just happy Big Blue is not going after enthusiast websites, at least not yet....

For starters, write a letter, on paper, and send it to Ford. Let them know how you feel, and what you expect them to do about it. I sent a letter telling them about my fellings regarding several issues. I was really clear about thier lawyers' tactics regarding IP and Trade Marks. I also let them know I bought a Toyota recently and Fords' assinine actions were very influental in my discision. I finished by writing that Ford could re-earn my business by not attacking vendors that sell parts for cars that they no longer service.