Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

69Tool

Update - Pics of Interior in progress and motor removal

Here are some pics of my interior installation. The front seats are used but in good condition. I swapped them for a complete set of 68 seats. One question I have, the rear seat has no place for seat belts, is that normal? There aren't even cutouts for where the seatbelts would come through from the body. Here are the pics at any rate, the 351W should be going in this weekend if all goes well.

69fbint002.jpg

69fbint003.jpg

69fbint004.jpg

69fbint005.jpg

69fbint006.jpg

69fbeng006.jpg

69fbeng007.jpg

The seats look pretty good. Are those 70+ seats then??

The basic design looks just like 71-73 standards. I sold my old originals years ago and am not sure what I will do for new covers since I cannot get a kit that has 71+ fronts and 69/70 rear design.

Glad to see you moving along nicely. So what are you going to do with the C motor?

-Stephen

The seats look pretty good. Are those 70+ seats then??

The basic design looks just like 71-73 standards. I sold my old originals years ago and am not sure what I will do for new covers since I cannot get a kit that has 71+ fronts and 69/70 rear design.

Glad to see you moving along nicely. So what are you going to do with the C motor?

-Stephen

The seats are from a 70. I believe the only difference between a 69 and 70 is the location of the lever to move the seat forward (so people can enter the back seat, not the slide mechanism). On a 70, they are near the base, but on a 69, they are around half way up the side of the seat. Good luck with your search.

I plan to sell the 351C. If you know of anyone interested, let me know. Thanks.

Yeah, I guess I am thinking of my old 69 'standard' interior that had the separate head rest.

The deluxe in 69 and I guess the 70+ standard had the integrated head rest or 'bucket' design. So that might mean that a deluxe kit would work.. hmm...

-Stephen

Right there with you Pak. I've been fighting mine for over a year now and was hoping to have it on the road by July 1, now I'm hoping for Sept. Would really like to drive it before the fall rains set in.

You mean the 390 bait and switch from the T-bird? That was pretty fricken quick turn around as I recall.

I still got ya beat I think stangeme, October will be 2 years for me. SOmehow though I think Bswor and Bnickel have almost all takers beat hands down though. What is it about the B that makes them so fricken lazy anyway?:confused1:

Aw Pak, I'm still in the running, September is when I hope to have it RUNNING, haven't even begun to touch the body, paint, interior. Oh well, figure when I finally turn the key and hear the engine fire up for the first time in eight years, I'll just turn to my buddy helping me and say "What the hell is that noise?"

You mean the 390 bait and switch from the T-bird? That was pretty fricken quick turn around as I recall.

I still got ya beat I think stangeme, October will be 2 years for me. SOmehow though I think Bswor and Bnickel have almost all takers beat hands down though. What is it about the B that makes them so fricken lazy anyway?:confused1:

Yeah, that's the one. Here is my latest update. Sunday morning went to pick up the motor...found that the garage was leaking right on the motor for the last two years...We got the engine back to the shop and broke it loose after much time playing around. We then get it all cleaned up and go to drop in a distributor. As it turned out, we chewed up the gears. We then put in a brand new cam, dropped in the distributor and gave the motor a slight turn...broke the teeth on the new cam. I picked up another new Comp cam and installed it. We tried to verify the distributor, but it would not go. We then called another place regarding the distributor only to find it was the larger gear on the distrib that was causing us the problem.

Anyway, we get the motor all buttoned up and the newest distrib in with the smaller gear. It spun beautifully. We then primed the motor with oil and verified that the new lifters were spewing the oil up the pushrods very well. Compression "seemed" fine.

I go to grab the headers and line them up...uh oh...Cleveland headers...by this time, it is Monday night quite late. We found two exhaust manifolds and put them on. We also found an H-pipe, but did not install it.

At that point, I decided to wait and grab a proper set of W headers. The motor was dropped in and it looks good. Here is a pic of it, but please disregard the condition of the engine compartment as I am planning on detailing it this winter when I have more time. If I can pick up the new headers today, I will hopefully be firing her up tonight.

69fbeng009.jpg

It looks like the paint took well, nice and smooth and clean, what's your secret? I just needed to paint mine so I started with simple green and a good power wash and then I decided it was best to just pull off all the external parts so as to not get any overspray on it and replace all my gasklets but I am using up several wire cup brushes on my diegrinder trying to pull off the old paint and rusty spots. Is there a better way? I did all the pull off parts with the sand blaster which was easy but I don't dare use that on the block.

My secret is to paint right over the grease...:scared:lol...seriously, it isn't that nice, we cleaned up the motor a bit but it will need detailing this winter while I have the car painted. The valve covers were very nice to start with and then were sandblaseted, as was the intake manifold.

I finally received the correct headers so with any luck, I can install the exhaust tonight and fire it up...

PS, I am going to clean the engine compartment and give it a quick blast of paint just to make the back drop more appealing...lol. Also, my 3.25 posi differential is arriving tomorrow so I will put that in on the weekend...:-)