Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

dlinebar

I started the new engine yesterday!!

I got my new (remanufactured) Engine started yesterday!! Yeeee Hawww.....After one minor error when I needed to move the rotor position by 1 tooth on the distributor gear, it fired right up! Thanks to all here for your advice. I ran it for the initial fast idle cam breakin. It was Soooooooooo nice to start that puppy! Now I have to bolt on the body, finish up the interior and go for a drive!!

:yes:

Awesome!

Sorry for not getting back to your before, I have been out of town. It appears that you got everything done and working.

Did you test the shifting at all? Properly indexing the T/C is a process of spinning the t/C until it slides onto the shaft a couple of times. Some say it will "clunk" 2-3 times before it is all the way on.

Let me know if you need help, I will be in town this week for the most part...

The info here is GREAT, and accurate. As a Mustang restoration Newbe I had a lot to learn and even when I thought I knew it was nice to have someone conferm my thoughts. I can't wait to start driving it for real. I probably should not have driven it yesterday but I could not help myself! 1 more weekend and it will be ready for real. I just tooled around the neighborhood at under 30 mph to hear the tranny change gears and shake it down a bit. The good news is that there were no problems and no leaks....I was carefull and tried to make sure I did everything right but I am still amazed how well it went and the fact that there are no leaks.....I may have been a little pesamistic as my son kept saying it was going to explode the first time I started it, and my daughter was not much more hopefull......anyway thanks to everyone for the help!

Dan