Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

wantahertzdonut

Has Anybody Weighed Their Car?

I'm trying to find the curb weight of my car and in doing an online search, I found anywhere between 2900 and 3300 lbs. I realize things like engines/transmissions/interiors will make a difference, but not 400 lbs. I'm curious if anyone on the board has actually driven their cars across a scale for their own measurement, and if so, what do you have and what did it weigh?

And for that matter, where could I go to weigh my car?

Can't say where as I have bothered to ever figure my cars exact weight, no, the listed weights have always been enough for me.

Scrap yards that buy metal from people usually have a huge scale that simply weigh your car before and after drop off to figure out how much srap you sold them, maybe a local place could help you if you have one. That or start hanging out at weigh stations on the highway and make a new friend who will do you a favor.

Is this just for curiosities sake or are you trying to decide what type of diet to put your car on?

3380 with me in it and a half tank of gas. That was a scale at the local drag strip. Of course you might want to add a few pounds on me these days....I am pretty sure that is what it was. But that was a few years ago.

you'd be surprised in the weight difference between a fastback and a coupe. it can easily be as much as 300 pounds. i'm sure a vert weighs at least as much as coupe maybe even more.

also interior options can add a lot of weight as well. for instance a grande generally weighs around 150-200 pounds more than a similar coupe due to all of the extra sound deadening material and the various interior options, a fold down rear seat in a fastback weighs considerably more than a non-fold down version, etc.

Over by my house there is a landscaping company that sells crushed rock etc, they have a scale to drive your truck on beofre and after to accuratly measure if they loaded a 1/2 to 3/4 or rock ,Maybe there is a landscaping company near you

Had to find out to get the car registered.

351 Windsor, FMX 69 Mach I with full tank of petrol. No occupants or load. No spare either as I don't have one.

cars total weight was 1510 Kgs

front axle weighed 890 Kgs

It translates to 3322 Lbs and 1958 Lbs respectively using an online converter.

You will get variations due to modyfied engines, autos, wheels and tyres, stereos, exhausts, fuel, brakes, suspension etc... Its amazing how much a pound here and a pound there ads up to.

OOps, almost forgot. My car was weighed with 14X7 215/70/14 front and 14X8 235/60/14 rear. 12 slots still.

Over by my house there is a landscaping company that sells crushed rock etc, they have a scale to drive your truck on beofre and after to accuratly measure if they loaded a 1/2 to 3/4 or rock ,Maybe there is a landscaping company near you

I'll check into this, there's a pretty big landscaper right by my parent's house. I'll have to drop by to see if they'll weigh me there.