Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

robbiedog

Off to the paint shop

Finally, my fastback has a firm date at the paint shop, April 3. It goes to the muffler shop tomorrow for some fitting and welding, then we drive it for a week to get kinks out, then trailer it to the paint shop. It's been LONG trip to get it to this point, 2 years and counting. Untold dollars spent (wife still has no idea how much, thank god), but soon.......I'm thinking by June......it will replace my Ford F150 as my daily driver.

http://www.1969stang.com/gallery/302-Stroker-Restomod

More photos coming in a few weeks.....

And I still haven't firmly chosen the colors.

Thats great news. I wish i could say mine was almost done after just 2 years heh heh. I cannot wait to see the finished project. I'm sure it will take a few weeks to get the big grin off your face when the paint has dried. Congrats.

Hey.

I love those rims what kind are they?

I think they are Edelbrock 454's from what I remember reading. They are very similar to the Coy C-67's that I really like.

I'm curious if either is in a 17 x 10?

Yup.. Very sweet Stang

-Stephen

As for the rims, yep they are Edelbrock 454's, bought on Ebay. They are 17x8 front and back.

As for color, I'm leaning toward keepign it the Jade Black, more from an economical point of view than anything else. The cost to paint will be a bit cheaper to do that, and I'm about out of money for the project. Took it to a really good paint shop here in Dallas......so it's not Scheib!

I'd been thinking of the Mach 1 style black-out hood, but don't think it would look good with the jade black color. We're putting a shaker on it also, so that might be enough black. I don't know if ANY striping will look good on the jade black. Anyone with ideas? I have a hard time picturing stuff like that in my head.....