Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

69mach1t5

New shelby in public already

I'm surprised to see the shelby letters on the deck lid have been moved on that car. The pics of a red w/white stripes had big SHELBY letters evenly spaced and centered on the deck lid, with the 3rd brake light in the spoiler. I don't care too much for how it is on that car. Still a damn good looking car though.

Uh, I wonder if folks in the '60s thought the same thing I'm thinking about the new Shelby, which is basically "what exactly does that car have that I can't build for cheaper on a new GT?". I mean really, I'm not one for "exclusivity" in new cars or badges and names and embroidering. I want the best bang for my buck. Give me a new LX in basic trim with the GT motor and suspension, and sell it to me for under $24k. That's the car I want... I'll build it up after that.

http://bradbarnett.net/mustangs/concept/07gt500/

There are pics of the trunk lid lettering i was talking about. Not sure if it is the angle or not, but it looks like they messed with the depth of the two scoops on the hood. I liked the prototype ones better.........but what do i know? ;)

Wanna see the old man tear up a GT? The link below has a video of Mr. Shelby getting all over a modified GT

http://www.edmunds.com/insideline/do/Features/articleId=105085

Will be interesting to see what they actually list for at the dealers when they come out. My wife got her 05GT with everything on it for 30K and Saleens were selling for 40-42K, can't imageinde the Shelby being cheaper and pushing 100+ hp and tourque over the saleen.

The 07 was auctioned off this weekend at barrett jackson for 600,000.00 to own serial number 1. I'm sure there will be alot of 05 shelby clones out there when the kits come out. Course the 07 shelby won't be priced with the general public in mind, but it'll be a collector over the saleen. I think you'll see the saleen and roush might drop in price. Shelby made it sound like he was going full swing again very committed to ford. I think it'll be interesting. Heck I'm hoping one of you guys buy one so I can borrow the engine.

i don't understand shelby and ford's relationship anymore. ford is making the 07 gt 500 and shelby automotive is now making 6 banger 06's that they are calling gt350sc or something and not to mention shelby is sellin aftermarket wheels again. i really just don't get it. i guess the biggest thing i don't understand is why ford is allowing him to sell the the 6 banger cars when they are making "his" gt 500. is anyone else confused by all this?