Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

stangboy690

New Dash or just a cover?

Hey i need a dash or cover, mine is cracked on the top...just wondering if the dash pad looks nice cuz the complete dash is really expensive.

Also Does anyone no what the 69 shelby lower side scoops from yearone are like. Just wondering if they were of good quality..if not any recommendations of other places to buy them...

Thanks a bunch 8)

Just remeber if you buy a dash cover pre drill the holes where the original dash screwsin, Ill tell you why,The dash covers glue on and once they are glued on over the dash you wont have access to the original screw holes ,Then when the time comes when you might need to remove dash your gonna have to tear that dash cover off toget at them screws

It's true a whole new dash is pretty expensive, especially when compared to the coverlay or an earlier year model. A cover is around $80 and a repro is around $350. At least now you can get one made from original Ford tooling for just $50 more roughly so it makes spending that much a little less painful, not much but a little.

My car recieved a new coverlay just about 2 years ago as I was trying to save money and I was not disappointed in it. Yes it is hard vinyl as opposed to soft but the fit was surprisingly good and accurate, the average Joe would not know it is a cover. Now that my car is being repaired with insurance money I am putting in a full dash though.

Fortunately I knew I would eventually do this so I never cemented it down, I had just tacked mine in place with some silicone. It is mint condition and the car is always garaged so there is no fade, I will probably sell it off for like $50 or so. If you go this route and want to save a few more bucks let me know and I'll post some pictures.

Hey thanks for the reply. I am very interested in your dash cover and would appreciate it if you could give me some pictures and more information...Its always a little scary buying over the internet but this site seems pretty trustworthy...everyone is helpful and friendly...thanks again.

Casey

Hey thanks for the reply. I am very interested in your dash cover and would appreciate it if you could give me some pictures and more information...Its always a little scary buying over the internet but this site seems pretty trustworthy...everyone is helpful and friendly...thanks again.

Casey

Yeah sure, when I go home tonite I'll take some pics and post them tomorrow.

Yeah, I agree, I am not much of an online buyer when it comes to used parts myself, only new parts from vendors. Unlike some of the other forums though that cater to all mustang years, we are a relatively small and select group of brothers here, so unless someone is brand new with only a few posts I would say you are generally safe in the trust department with just about anyone here and we are eager to have new blood so we can keep a good database of knowledge going. I recently participated in a group buy here for an item over $800 and unlike some places I did not hesitate for a second about it.

I as well bought a cover and you would never know it is a cover until you touch it and it is hard. They fit well and look good. If it is a showcar that you want to keep accurate the go for the full pad for normal use, looks nice, looks stock the cover is good.....unless you have unlimited funds......I got mine from JC whitney and paid to much, I think it was about $100 or so but I have heard good things about other vendors.

I paid $308 delivered to my door for mine on Ebay, originall Ford tooling.

I thought that was a really good deal.

It was through CJPony Parts.

After years of having a cover, I am glad to finally have a new dash.

If you can save a few bucks now and get a new dash later, I would go that route.

I had a coverlay on mine for 7 years... it looks fine, but I was always disappointed when I'd touch the dash for whatever reason. I love the original soft dashpad feel. Heck, one of my major gripes with modern car interiors (at least on the cars most of us can afford) is all that hard plastic on every surface you touch.

Anyway, if you don't care about stuff like that, the coverlay is a good product and you probably won't notice it. However, if you do care about the "feel" of the interior, spend the extra coin on a real dashpad.

If you can save a few bucks now and get a new dash later, I would go that route.

I bought one from them also and its ford tooling and i AM NOT satified with the fit I have some pictures if you want i contacted them and they are concern with the provider they buy from ,They are gonna take the pictures i have and address the provider with my concerns

I bought one from them also and its ford tooling and i AM NOT satified with the fit I have some pictures if you want i contacted them and they are concern with the provider they buy from ,They are gonna take the pictures i have and address the provider with my concerns

Hmmmmm... take a look at my cardomain site in my sig, page2 has a couple pics in there. I am happy so far with it.

Stangboy690, PM me with your email so I can send you the pics. I'd post them but to get the whole thing in one shot is from pretty far away so I took a series of segmented close ups inside and out. If not then I'll have too upload them all to the gallery.