Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

69boss429

New pics of " The Boss "

Black was Henry Ford"s favorite color !! Also, I just came across a picture of the 1'st Boss 429 delivered,it was black of course. The other 2 are a 2003 Mercury Marauder and an 05 Expedition. My 1995 Merc Grand Marquis ( black ) didn't make the pics.

Well, the quality of the pictures are leaps and bounds better than the last one you used, in fact, it might be too good.

One suggestion for the future, clean up the plastic parts first like the front spoiler for example, a nice wipe down and/or some armoral would have made it look as nice as the paint. 8)

Hey, after taking a closer look here's a quick question, the boss 9 didn't come stock with just a single exhaust outlet did it? I just noticed your pipes run under the roll pan insted of thru the cutouts you would normally find on a factory dual exhaust?!??!?!?

When you drive them they sometimes come home dirty ! Besides,the spoiler is over 35 years old its showing its age! Your observation on the exhaust however is not entirely accurate,the Boss 429 in 1969 did not have cutouts in the rear valence,but,mine is not stock either,factory had a transverse muffler with turned down tips.My system is 3"stainless from collector to tailpipe with an interruption for a muffler. In short, its direct,loud,and probobly adds a couple of horsepower to the wheels.

Oh I hear ya, I like to drive mine too and I commend you for doing so, I just meant you know, when taking pictures one want's to put their best foot forward is all, you know. That's like saying you had lunch before your picture was taken and didn't bother to wipe your face. :D It's amazing how even if only for a short period even something as obsolote as armoral can take years off, especially in a picture. I wasn't ranking on you or anything, just dropping a tip on what would have made them perfect pics of your fine ride.

So the Boss did have duals but they were turndowns? That's an intersting note, I never knew that, interesting. I like the subtle changes you have made better, the look your exhaust has now seems more fitting for the cars agressive personality and it looks so much more cleaner, leaner and meaner without all the logo's and badges everywhere too.

pak, none of the bosses had the dual tips at least for 69 an 70 anyway. i can't remember if the boss 351's had tips or turndowns right off my head.

anyway yeah, the boss 9's and 302's had turndowns, so did all of the cougars for 69/70 even the eliminator.

No offense taken, I literely just pulled in the driveway and my brother's wife started shooting pictures. Unfortunatly,the spoiler is showing its age.And,all 69 Boss 9's had a transverse mounted dual inlet,dual outlet with turned down tips.I know this to be a fact since I am the original owner of the car.

No offense taken, I literely just pulled in the driveway and my brother's wife started shooting pictures. Unfortunatly,the spoiler is showing its age.And,all 69 Boss 9's had a transverse mounted dual inlet,dual outlet with turned down tips.I know this to be a fact since I am the original owner of the car.

Original owner? Wow....thats all I can say..............

After I win the Lotto I will be in the market for one too :lol:

And you car kicks butt!! 8)