Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

bswor

Mustang Steve Kit arrived w/pics and video!

Well the kit arrived today woohoo. But that box was fairly heavy, 65lbs! Got it opened up and took some pics for you guys and also wanted to try out my digital cameras video function. Just got the camera a week or so ago :)

Pics: http://www.1969stang.com/gallery/mystang?page=11

Pics end on the next page.

Video for 56kers (just under a megabyte): http://www.1969stang.com/video/shortcobra1.wmv

Video for everyone else (only 2.5meg):

http://www.1969stang.com/video/mscobrakit.wmv

Well i had my little bit of fun for the day. Should be able to get them on the car soon i hope, but since i said it i will probably not get them on for a few months lol.

To save the videos to your pc just hit the right click button on your mouse and then click save target as or save link as. Then save it to your pc.

Sweet, did you see edberts page on his install? it turned out good! hopefully this set-up works as good as mine (it way cheaper too, you suck), if it does, you'll be in love! i can't wait to see them installed.

ps

whats up with some updated bod pics? i want to see the paint!

Well we ran into a bunch of delays due to several things going on at the moment. One of them is the Katrina evacuees being here. But good news they are leaving tommorow. Bad news is i start school today so my time will be very limited again and i work 12 hour shifts on weekends. So my pops and I will have to find time during the week to get some work done. We were in the middle of the wiring harness job when everything happened at once. So its not painted yet. And won't be for another few months. Have to get the wiring harness done and everything else.... Brakes will be on the car before we do anything else though looks like.

So BSwor, what rims are you going to run with this and what are you doing for the back brakes? Just curious, i'm still trying to weight in my options on that one.

Also, did Steve paint the calipers red on his sight? I like the grey better anyway, just wondering which color is stock.

red is actually stock, looks like these have been rebuilt or something. not that really matters the cores for those are hard as hell to find and most of them aren't old enough for them to be in real bad shape anyway. looks like it'll be a nice setup, i kinda like the grey cast coat myself, as well.

You know im going to try my torque thrusts II's that i have right now which are 16x7 front and back. Going to try out various wheel spacers. I'll let you know when i do. If nothing else i'll just sell mine and get some newer 17"s. I have no idea for the back yet. Any ideas??

Also, did Steve paint the calipers red on his sight? I like the grey better anyway, just wondering which color is stock.

The red calipers are powdercoated from the factory and are 10th

Anniversary edition calipers. Besides the 10th anniversary year, they came gray from the factory.

No. You might get away with some 16" but then you have some rub issues. 17"'s are actually easier to fit than a 16" are anyway.

thanks, looks like i wont be doing the upgrade, maybe down the road,

is there a rear cobra conversion?

sorry for the hi-jack

No. You might get away with some 16" but then you have some rub issues. 17"'s are actually easier to fit than a 16" are anyway.

thanks, looks like i wont be doing the upgrade, maybe down the road,

is there a rear cobra conversion?

sorry for the hi-jack

Its coming in the near future. MustangSteve is currently working on the conversion from what i hear.

Well the kit arrived today woohoo. But that box was fairly heavy, 65lbs! Got it opened up and took some pics for you guys and also wanted to try out my digital cameras video function. Just got the camera a week or so ago :)

Pics: http://www.1969stang.com/gallery/mystang?page=11

Pics end on the next page.

Yo Ben, I can't find those pics you say are at the link on page 2. I wanted to link to them for someone.:censored: