Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

69mach1t5

What is this worth?

I really want to buy this car and hate to give it up due to the value it could be worth with lots of money invested.

I found a 1969 GT 428,,,R model Its got a decent underbody and its got ok fenders and a interior thats been transformed to deluxe , which i could sell and return it to the plain interior,

But the problem is ,No 428 left ,No 4:33 gears left, No engine oiler on front .Its got a running 351 engine, And horns are still placed onto the passenger side like original. I realize it would cost alot to return to a 428 but geesh i can get it kinda cheap, I was thiking ,(well regular sportsroof are going for more than 5 grand) And i can get it for less i stoipped there today and confirmed it

What do you guys think? Should i get it and just imagine after 15 grand dumped into it , I bet it would be worth at least 30 grand or more right?

Im sorry if you guys seen this post before,Its that i stopped there today to double check on the body and condition and price , and now im ready to do the DIVE

Please help and tell me what you guys think

Yeh on the information you have given it is definetly worth it. I dont know if you check out ebay or any other classic classifieds but the price on those babys are over $30k easily. Restore a little at a time maybe? Or buy it initially and see what it will flip for?

You just have to think about what your intent is. Is it worth it to you to do this. How long is this going to take. Are you willing to take the risk :)

On the other hand these things are doing nothing but gaining value in restored condition. I'm about to spend $4500 to finally finish my coupe (hopefully) and i would love to be able to get a fastback but am not able to at this point in my life. If you can afford to get it and restore it, then if it were me i'd do it. And if you need moral support we are always here

:D :) :( :o :shock: :? 8) :lol: :x :P :oops: :evil: :twisted: :roll: :wink: :?: :idea: :arrow:

For $4500 you better buy it. From the sounds of it it`s a drag pack car. a GT to boot is very rare, I`ll be sending you a PM.

Oil Cooler set up is about $1500 complete, engine about $5k, Gears are redily available about $4to 500 for a carrier,

Hope this helps,

John

im not looking to restore it ,im looking to buy it and resell it for alittle profit,i bought a car recently for 20 grand and got burnt on it ,id like to buy this gt then sell it and use the money to fix the car i got now, as a matter of fact im gonna borrow the money from my father to get the GT,if anybodys interested in this car let me know,kinda like a finders fee.

awww man, i missed the part about it being a GT.i wish i ahd the moeny to buy it, you know me and my gt's. if it is a true gt it borders on being worth more than a comparable mach 1. when it comes to the CJ cars it's usually the odd or least made cars that bring the big bucks. hell even cj cougars are getting right up there in price with the mach's.

Yea, If I didn`t have a 68 1/2 CJ car in the works, I`d be all over it. I need another project like a hole in the head but it`s as good as money in the bank.

Hey 69 can you give me some more information on the car like the door tag?

John

im gonna go over there monday ,hopefully if its not still raining for the 5 day in row,ill get pictures and all numbers ,i know its a R model on 5th diget on vin and door matches, and it says 63a and tranny code c6 with standard interior with a 4:30 rearend

.i also know its got big block braces which is actaully what caught my eye, and then noticed horns both on one side in front then looked closly and found old stickers still folded into door jam .lower than a machs and put 2and 2 toghter and figured its a gt.But who really knows if its a fastback with a factory 428 SCJ,OR A GT

awww man, i missed the part about it being a GT.i wish i ahd the moeny to buy it, you know me and my gt's. if it is a true gt it borders on being worth more than a comparable mach 1. when it comes to the CJ cars it's usually the odd or least made cars that bring the big bucks. hell even cj cougars are getting right up there in price with the mach's.

A good friend of mine has a 68 1/2 cj ,low miles and show winner, but actually drives it to shows.if you like you can email him at LJK428CJ@HOTMAIL

wow an R-code drag-pak car with an automatic, that's gotta be rare even my favorite color already, too. let me just make this very clear I HATE YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :x :x :x :x dammit why couldn't find a deal like that? i think you should buy it and give it to me, heheheh. that would have to be my ultimate dream car. what kind of shape is it in? maybe i'll just trade you my car for it.

It looks decent , But if you grab the quarter panels you will feel bondo, and the inners look good and i really havent looked at frame rails close enough or torque boxes yet,

Dont forgot the car is missing

428 motor the oiler, and the hoodsetup, Its got a regular mach 1 hood now, and had a 351 windsor in it now , sombody probaby stripped all the goodies out long time ago

The interior looks fair to good, with deluxe interior with console.Im actually got my wife interested now, I would consider a trade for a car that can drive,My wife wants me to buy the car for her to drive the way it is now without restoring it so she can drive it ,

But if i had a car to trade thats ready to go and drive she would be even happier,

update on car HERE IT IS and yes i bought it

found a 1969 SCJ ,Its either a fastback SCJ or a GT SCJ

Says 63a R fifth digit. W rear axel ,Body is good to fair ,Its missing all the goodies ,Like engine and i would suppose rear, ,But oil cooler missing.Its got a 351 engine now and runs fine,Do you feel its worth buying? He wants 4,500 for it, Origianally Acapulco blue with blue vynal interior, and mactches door tag and dash ? Any help would be nice id like to save this car ,its in a backyard for a year but hes owned it like 20yrs.

Found this and buying it this weekend after all your convincing

Ok i went to look at car and get pictures , heres everything, warning large pictures , and i tried to take pictures of the bad things.Like the shock towers have little squares cut into them on front to grease fittings, and radiator support has notches cut out? Flors and frame looks awesome, the only thing i seen on floors is the seems have rust, the drop offs on quarter panels are even nice with original drain plugs there,THE CLOCK STILL WORKS i coundt believe that, and the factory tach works nicePicture027.jpg

Picture026.jpg

Picture021.jpg

Picture008.jpg

Picture022.jpg

Picture023.jpg

Picture001.jpg

Picture014.jpg

Picture009.jpg

Picture024.jpg

Picture020.jpg

Picture015.jpg[/img]

I paid $3500 for my coupe and it wasnt in greatest condition either so $4500 is not bad for any fastback that runs etc. Of course my drivetrain was fresh when i bought it except the tranny.

the only way to find out if it's a true gt is to get a marti report, i can tell you it has the wrong gas cap, that's a 67 gt gas cap. the 69 cap is very rare, i've got 2 but neither is in great shape, they are both nice driver quality though, if it turns out to be a true gt, and you need the correct cap just let me know and we can work something out

Even weirder still is that it has 1970 style rear marker lights. The bezels are supposed to be the same as you have on the front just with a red lens instead. Conisdering what that car is supposed to be but just unfortunately isn't anymore you will probably be Ok in the end from an investment standpoint if you turn it back into a proper 428 car. Doing that will be an expensive challenge though, make no mistake about it and it has to/should be done very right and correctly in my mind, you do not cut corners on a restoration of a top feeder. My only concern is the wholes in the shock tower. That approach to greasing fittings is usually a sign of further shotty workmanship and a poor approach to maintanence. It would not suprise me at all if as you dig in deeper you find all sorts of surprises your way that simply should not be, things like duct tape for example holding somethig together or bent nails where acotter pin should be, you know, the half assed approach to car care.

EDIT: BTW, I do not no how long the car has been wrapped in plastic, but that is not a good way to attempt protecting it. Not only can it destroy the paint and promote rust but it can lead to a variety of hidden molds and mildews.

Yea, I seen that also, could be quite a find. built the last week of production but not the last car.

Keep us informed!

69 Mach, Did we meet at the Mahoning Valley show at Quaker steak & lube last year?

John