panteramatt

CLutch issue after swap

I swapped my 69 fmx to a tkx from modern. I cant get the clutch to release fully with a hydraulic setup with external slave cylinder. The fork it supposed to move 1.2" but best I can get is 1" and the nut on the fork almost hits the bellhousing so it is getting pushed far enough. I have the rod on the slave cylinder pretty tight on the fork and theres no play at all. With the car running the tranny kinda slams into gear a little with the pedal to the floor. If I apply the brake and release the pedal the car will stall out so I know the clutch is working just doesnt release the clutch enough with the pedal to the floor. The linkage at the pedal is as far out as I wanna go and Ive bled the system several times. The car is on jackstands so Im wondering is there something else to check or maybe the issue is everything is brand new and needs to be broken in?

My first guess would be you don't have all of the air bled out of the system. On my external slave cylinder I had to unbolt it and move it above the master cylinder, use a C clamp to limit the slave travel, in order to bleed it completely.

Did you buy a kit, or piece meal it together? If you bought a kit, I'd call that company for tips.

I had an issue with the MDL slave cylinder when I went to a hydraulic clutch.  I bought an identical one https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000EOEVDO

Theoretically the same, but had similar issues to you, and when I installed this one, I got the full 1.2 inches.  I also did as RPM recommended and moved the slave cylinder higher (I worked it up between the firewall and engine) and did the bleeding.