buening

Rocker panels - anything remotely close?

I'm 0 for 2 on aftermarket outer rocker panels. I need to replace the front and rear 12" on both sides. Bought one from CJ and one from NPD, both different and both way off. Both are 1/4" too wide and rear lip is not even close.  Any other options out there that you've had success with? I don't mind doing some fab but jeez I might as well start with a flat sheet of 16ga based on what I'm seeing with these. 

The good rockers are sold in the kits ,the rockers sold seperatly are junk . I don't know why you can't get the good ones by them selves .

I have several left and right sides from kits that i did not need to do rockers. Problem is the shipping because they are so long .

You are correct I look for a rocker with a good fit but never found it either. I had to cut off what I needed from an after market one and reshape it. Friend of mine also searched for one with a good fit and never found it either. I guess there was never a big demand for rockers so they never corrected there tooling. 

1 hour ago, Ridge Runner said:

The good rockers are sold in the kits ,the rockers sold seperatly are junk . I don't know why you can't get the good ones by them selves .

I have several left and right sides from kits that i did not need to do rockers. Problem is the shipping because they are so long .

Ridge,

What kit do you mention? Are you talking about the full structure side with A and B pillars?  Would you be willing to cut them up in sections? I was planning on just doing the front and rear sections of each side instead of the full length. 

The rockers that come in the conversion kits are actually pretty nice ,i have used a couple and used a couple to splice in and they worked great . The stampings are nice and crisp ,not like those cheaper stampings with rounded corners . These measure 4 1/4 across the top 

20240406_131147.jpg

20240406_131741.jpg

Excellent!  Message sent. The rear curves are what is all jacked up on the ones I got (plus the 1/4" extra width). See pics, bent ends are from NPD and they confirmed all are like that.  I thought they were banged up during shipping.

The one pic of the nice but overly curved one is from CJ Pony. The stamping is less crisp than the NPD one. 

20240328_112620.jpg

20240328_112600.jpg

20240316_172618.jpg

20240316_181251.jpg

Now you know why I posted! LOL

For other's future reference, I attached pics showing the width difference. Note the stock includes inner rocker thickness so when you take that off the measurement you get the extra 1/4", which is primarily all in the wiring channel

20240320_191701.jpg

20240320_191620.jpg

20240320_191337.jpg

20240320_191137.jpg