Vicfreg

Air conditioning duct bracket mounting

My car is an original air-conditioning car, and it has an original air-conditioning dash.  Not sure where this air-conditioning plastic duct mounting tab gets attached to?   There is  no hole in the upper glove compartment door structure that indicates this was ever mounted there.

IMG_2051.jpeg

That section on my 69 didn't have a mount tab, but the far right duct had one that mounts from the bottom and towards the passenger. My tab was broken off, so...

This image shows the orientation of the tab on the 69. Don't know if 69 and 70 are the same. 

Screenshot_20231215-121212_Drive.jpg.bf2b326312d478ca090f21ff5e9325bd.jpg

2 hours ago, Vicfreg said:

The configuration is fixed in that orientation due to the way the plastic piece was manufactured.

Vic, that tab is not attached to a hole; it is attached with a “S clip” above the glove box cut out on my 69.  I think it is the same “S clip” seen a few places at the sketch Rpm posted.

Oy! I was totally cornfused by your first pic. I thought the first pic was taken from the seat looking at the dash, didn't realize the upper dash was out. DOH!

I'd think this mounting tab would mount on top of the dash edge. 

Screenshot_20231217-084039_DuckDuckGo.jpg.59580122cee1517071717280595cea80.jpg

Are there not holes in the upper horizontal edge of the dash with mounting holes? I know there are some for electrical wire routing. Unfortunately neither side of my ducts are using the mounting tabs, but have not come loose from the registers they mount to. 

24 minutes ago, RPM said:

Are there not holes in the upper horizontal edge of the dash with mounting holes? I know there are some for electrical wire routing. Unfortunately neither side of my ducts are using the mounting tabs, but have not come loose from the registers they mount to. 

Bob,  no holes; it is attached with a "S clip".