Vicfreg

Sunvisor Issue

You would think that some of the simple things wouldn’t be so hard.
I’m trying to install the sun  visors on my convertible, and I’m having a heck of a time just trying to slip the long end of the rod in there.

I can actually stick a long Phillips screwdriver in the sunvisor, but the rod on the visor bracket seems to be too fat to fit inside the visor.

These are TMI and appear to be very high-quality. Any insight or experience would be appreciated.

IMG_1797.jpeg

IMG_1793.jpeg

Thanks for the info.  I have found another manufacturer set of visors, and will try them.  I am not thrilled about taking off my visor brackets and header piece after I spent a couple hours getting it perfectly aligned.  Ugh...

I will post some info on how it works out....

Vic

This visor installation has not been a lot of fun.  I wound up doing the rubber mallet and brake lube technique, and it worked.  On my drivers side visor bracket, which is chromed, I actually cracked the chrome slightly (not too visible) due to the pounding on the visor bracket.  But, I got them on.  This was not easy. What a shitty design.  I did get a set of cheaper visors, and they were even worse.   I don't see this working at all if you do not use brake lube or some other lubricant.   Not sure how the heck they did this at the factory.

visorinstallationdec23.thumb.jpg.9bb291a6e4d706016c66f4f4575e6fac.jpg