Machspeed

Ford Contour Dual Fan Setup

I'm in the process of stripping my car for it's complete resto this year. Hope to have it painted by the end of this Summer. Doing a lot of planning and research on the assembly and parts, as it will be somewhat of a resto mod. In this, I am considering this Ford Contour dual fan set up in my build. Seems several have done that here but those whom have have not posted in a few years. Wondering if there is anyone here still posting that has done this? If so, how did you wire it in?

I am still running a dual fan set-up form a Mercury cougar, Its the same as a Contour, and it keeps my 408w Cool no matter how hot it gets outside with the AC on in stop and go traffic.

I have had it on the car for over 3 years.

When I pulled the fans I also pulled a relay block with some 50amp relays I think... I used a cheap O fan controller from auto zone to control the relays which in turn control the fans... It works perfectly

I've got one too. I purchased a controller from DCC. It's a nice setup but it take 6-7 weeks to receive. There are other more basic controllers on Summit that would do the job.

I've been looking at the DCC controller. I've read good things about them. Which one did you go with, as they have two? Also, from what I can gather, those fans are two speed. How do you have them wired to function?

Thanks! 

I've got the fk45. The fans are variable. Ford used a resister to make them 2speed. But with the DCC it's completely variable speed with soft starts and stops. Just make sure if you order to tell them you have a contour fan and they will send you a resistor to properly wire. I bought the dual fan wire loom but ended up not using it so I would suggest skipping it. Also I picked up the fans cheap at the junkyard but they did't have the wiring harness but if you search these are available new for like 10 bucks. You can use connectors but the plugs are so close there is a risk of shorts.

I have mine wired at full speed only, and run each fan off of its own relay.

The amp draw is actually not that bad to be quite honest.

I do have a new American Auto wire harness and a 4G alternator tho and I run a powered Sub, Electric Fuel pump, headlights, AC and elect fans and the charging system has no problem keeping up.