Sean D

Alternator amp with dual spal electric fans

On 3/10/2018 at 11:30 AM, barnett468 said:

ok, the second fan listed with the wiring harness looks like it may come with a 30 day warranty but you should verify that and ask it there is a restocking charge. the seller has 100% positive feedback so that's a plus. the car the fan came off of had 121,000 miles which isn't bad. these fans often run for 150,000 or more but one with lower miles like around 80,000 would be a little better. the problem with that one is the $72.00 for shipping. I paid around $100.00 with free shipping.

i can post a few links to salvage yards that you ca also check.

i am keeping the fan i got.

i don't think dcc has any more of that particular fan but you can ask him. it may take up to 5 days before he gets back to you, but again, if it is a new fan, i for one would not use it.

if you use the contour fan, you need the resistor at the bottom of his parts page and i would buy the wiring harness he sells. it will take him around 2 weeks to make the controller so plan on around 3 weeks to get it once you order it.

that is a good write up and there are many others if you search the net. there are several ways to mount it. another one is to make L brackets or just buy them at home depot. they are used for shelving and wood working etc.

you can also buy aluminum shrouds and buy spal fans to fit them but that gets a little pricey, however, since you are getting an engine from keith, it doesn't seem like cost is a major concern, lol.

Hi Barnett,

Reposting just in case you missed my final questions, as I think I am almost there.

Again thank you alot for your advice, it is greatly appreciated!

Craft got back with me and the block is 4.030" and compression will be 9.9:1.

Do you think this Motorcraft contour replacement assembly is a decent alternative to a junkyard oem unit.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Engine-Cooling-Fan-Motor-Motor-Fan-Assy-Engine-Cooling-MOTORCRAFT-RF-81-/112312147805?hash=item1a26535f5d

I also found this oem fan assembly, that I think is same as countor's but not sure as its part number is 95bb 8c607 GG instead of GE. I think the ford Mondeo is what this is for. But the listing shows it is compatible with contour. What do you think?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-OUT-OF-BOX-OEM-Ford-95BB-8C607-GG-Electric-Cooling-Fan/182683775478?hash=item2a88cd31f6:g:HLoAAOSw6B5ZdiC4&vxp=mtr

Also do you know if this Griffin radiator has tubes at 3/8" on center, as I cannot find details anywhere. I know this is what you recommend and according to other posts you have dealt with Griffin personally in the past.  http://www.griffinrad.com/load_details3.php?PartID=87&year=1969&make=Ford&model=Mustang&key_id=7-70039

Sean, that looks exactly like the Contour dual electric fans I am putting in my 69 Coupe. I trimed off the stock mounting tabs & used some aluminum angle to mount the fan assembly to the radiator. 

54956-6-24-17-ford-contour-dual-electric

9 hours ago, barnett468 said:

i do not use aftermarket fans.

i do not know the tube spacing on the griffen but they can tell you if you contact them.

Barnett,

will contact griffin.

I believe these fans are OEM Ford parts, just wanted to know if you have seen or know the difference between the GG and GE ones. 

I also found this oem fan assembly, that I think is same as countor's but not sure as its part number is 95bb 8c607 GG instead of GE. I think the ford Mondeo is what this is for. But the listing shows it is compatible with contour. What do you think?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-OUT-OF-BOX-OEM-Ford-95BB-8C607-GG-Electric-Cooling-Fan/182683775478?hash=item2a88cd31f6:g:HLoAAOSw6B5ZdiC4&vxp=mtr

3 hours ago, Sean D said:

Barnett,

will contact griffin.

I believe these fans are OEM Ford parts, just wanted to know if you have seen or know the difference between the GG and GE ones. 

once again, i only use used fans. if you want to buy a new fan then that's what you should do.

from what i can tell, there is no proof that the fans you posted were actually made by ford although they could have been. what the mfg's do is sell the same part that came on the vehicle when it was new until they no longer want to mfg that particular part. at this point they either stop selling that part altogether, OR, they buy that part from an aftermarket mfg then they tripple the price and sell it as "original ford" which it is not.

Hi Barnett,

Still waiting on the Keith Craft 408w with High Flow water pump, bored to 4.030” and compression will be 9.9:1. I have the Milodon high flow 180 thermostat, Griffin 24" aluminum radiator, contour fans, and dcc controller should arrive early next week. Can you give me your thoughts on coolant and additives? Live in north Alabama and will not drive car in cold, however it does get a little hot down here!

Sean